Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inside view of the Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was announced? Pics? Yes, they changed from 3 across to buckets. Anything else?

Do you think Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Chevy bolt/volt, etc. Have better interiors than M3/Y? No one has ever accused Tesla of providing too much luxury for the price. Quite the opposite. Elon is all about function over form (who needs steering wheel stalLa or a steering wheel for that matter).

If you think you are getting MX/S luxury for less money, think again. Tesla has set the interior quality/function standard for a certain price point.

If it’s “function over form” then where are the turn stalks and physical buttons? What about that bed where you can’t throw crap over the side?

Where are the towing specs, videos?

Yeah “function over form” or a non truck company asking a bunch of Fanbois to build them a truck using the current parts bin…

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
If it’s “function over form” then where are the turn stalks and physical buttons? What about that bed where you can’t throw crap over the side?

Where are the towing specs, videos?

Yeah “function over form” or a non truck company asking a bunch of Fanbois to build them a truck using the current parts bin…
Function is in the eyes of the beholder and in this case it’s Elon. Not customers. Tesla designs for max profit which means simplicity and ease of manufacturing. That means minimum amount of screens, less physical things that can break, etc. we are getting a MY with a bed and only available in one color. Simple.

Reactions: cdub and T3SLAROD
Why couldn't have put the blinker buttons left turn on the left side and right turn on the right side? But overall I see insurance to be very expensive for this truck, because parts and repairs costs will be enormous. Imagine how much that windshield will cost to replace!

Why couldn't have put the blinker buttons left turn on the left side and right turn on the right side? But overall I see insurance to be very expensive for this truck, because parts and repairs costs will be enormous. Imagine how much that windshield will cost to replace!
Just because the windshield is large won’t make it expensive. It’s flat. That is much easier to make than a specific curve like most windshields.

• Disagree
Reactions: Resist
Will it have bulletproof or steel ball proof windows?
Will it space stainless steel body? (is the frunk a crumple zone or battering ram)
Will it be waterproof or submersible?
Will it function as a power wall?
How much is stainless steel? Is it just the body. is the gigacast frame aluminum or steel. Im worried the truck will rust from the undercarriage like a cheap stainless steel grill
How hot will the stainless be in a Texas summer?
Range and Range while towing?
Will it support a battery trailer for extended range?

From the pictures the Truck appears a bit narrower. Even with the front shorter the truck will still be near 20 feet long. In the newest pictures of the Cybertruck it seems to have a composite bed. Will it have a Tailgate ramp? The newest Prototyte/Preproduction Trucks have no Solar on the cover.
These are my observations.

Just because the windshield is large won’t make it expensive. It’s flat. That is much easier to make than a specific curve like most windshields.
It's gotta have some kind of curve, doesn't it? The glare alone would warrant anything but truly flat. Doesn't have to be much, but something.
I mean imagine the sun reflecting off this thing at certain angles. It will blind on-coming traffic! Very hazardous.

• Disagree
A big design issue is not having a separate bed. It looks like it is connected to the roof. try to get that repaired in stainless with no bondo and paint.

Alon Armor Glass is 10 to 15 dollars per square inch. If the Cybertruck has Alon Armor Glass and something happens to it such as scratches, delamination or cracking it will be very expensive to replace. Article talks about Armor Glass
What are the odds that actually makes it into the truck?

It looks almost square so 80” w x 80” h is 640 sq in. Now way Tesla is putting a $6400-$9600 windshield on the cyber truck. It’s cool, but the accountants will draw a line far before that expense makes it.

I know it's a concept crossover, but much of what I feel the cybertruck should be. The cybertrucks interior looks like a fat model 3. they went from two wipers to one, pretty cool.

Real suicide doors are a terrible idea. I've seen many concepts use them and then ditch them for the production version....basically that's a million dollar prototype with all of the ridiculous things like the wheel and everything going away. Completely impractical. Why would you expect the CT to be like that?

Reactions: cdub
Real suicide doors are a terrible idea. I've seen many concepts use them and then ditch them for the production version....basically that's a million dollar prototype with all of the ridiculous things like the wheel and everything going away. Completely impractical. Why would you expect the CT to be like that?
because if FSD was not a fantasy the designs should look more like a entertainment pod than a divers HMI. If they can't get FSD working they might want to add an instrument cluster in front of the driver. My point is the Cybertruck looks basic and outdated as the silly name. Was it designed by Cyber Ninjas? Will it have a computer and the World Wide Web? Why are suicide doors more stupid like the falcon wing doors on the back of the X, only for show? What is the best use for the cyber truck, work, soccer moms, Texans with short comings, Hauling. I don't think it will be hauling.
But at least the got rid of the Trimotor.

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday
because if FSD was not a fantasy the designs should look more like a entertainment pod than a divers HMI. If they can't get FSD working they might want to add an instrument cluster in front of the driver. My point is the Cybertruck looks basic and outdated as the silly name. Was it designed by Cyber Ninjas? Will it have a computer and the World Wide Web? Why are suicide doors more stupid like the falcon wing doors on the back of the X, only for show? What is the best use for the cyber truck, work, soccer moms, Texans with short comings, Hauling. I don't think it will be hauling.
But at least the got rid of the Trimotor.
Falcon wing doors are really nice for kids, specifically getting them in and out in tight spaces or with car seats. Suicide doors do the opposite, they trap you in, which is why they aren't practical.

The rest of that car is just dumb and will never come to market. Audi has a ton of those and they cost millions of dollars. That's not what the CT is or ever intended to be.

I feel the wings if practical would be better served on the front. To add all that complexity and expense for kids or to show off to passengers is impractical.
What is the CT intended to be? Just Joe six pack's pickup. that was my question.
silly audi/volkswagan just makes million dollor concepts and can't make a car. My 2012 R7 had radar and infrared cameras and a B&O stereo that blew away my Tesla. But my Tesla does have dancing car animations, premium connectivity and of course Cat Quest. I hear the CT will have navigation waypoints and album art, the future. Even million dollar concepts can't play cat quest. Go Tigers

I feel the wings if practical would be better served on the front. To add all that complexity and expense for kids or to show off to passengers is impractical.
What is the CT intended to be? Just Joe six pack's pickup. that was my question.
silly audi/volkswagan just makes million dollor concepts and can't make a car. My 2012 R7 had radar and infrared cameras and a B&O stereo that blew away my Tesla. But my Tesla does have dancing car animations, premium connectivity and of course Cat Quest. I hear the CT will have navigation waypoints and album art, the future. Even million dollar concepts can't play cat quest. Go Tigers

Yes, the CT is intended to be a low total cost of ownership EV truck. The shape is both for easy of manufacturing and Aerodynamics. Steel is intended to last longer and not need paint.

Then there's always crazy stuff like the facial recognition doors that Elon just likes...much like your dancing car.

I do disagree with your view on Falcon wing doors. They are crazy useful with kids. I can't tell you how much times my oldest has open a door into another car or I struggled to get my youngest in a car seat because the spaces are too small. It solves both of those issues, plus provides cover in the rain as you get them situated.