Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inspect Front fascia inspection date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my red model Y (vin 20xx) in for service for the rear seat back covers replacement (they installed 3 new rev b covers) and acoustic heat pump cover retrofit and noticed the following on my invoice which much have been because my vin was flagged.

Concern: Inspect Front Fascia Injection Date

Injection date is 2/27/2020, front fascia will need to be replaced. Scheduling an outstanding work order for the
replacement.

I was told they would order a new painted front bumper and install it via mobile service in a few weeks. Something about color fading or a delamination issue.

I have a clear bra on the front bumper so that will be interesting to see how/if they handle (or probably don’t handle) reimbursement or at least replacement of the clear bra after the front bumper is replaced.

What was wrong with the front fascia that required replacement?

No idea what is wrong with it. The bumper cover inspection date concern just showed up on my invoice and they told me they needed to replace it. The cover looks fine to me. It sounds from the description like some of the earlier covers may have had a manufacturing issue and Tesla is proactively replacing the bumper covers.

Could be they might of damaged the front facia. I had my car in first service to address fender gaps, etc. they end up damaging the front facia. They acknowledged and replaced it. Just got it out of 2nd service, luckily no more damages. Was pretty frustrated by service quality when build quality lacks already.

I had my red model Y (vin 20xx) in for service for the rear seat back covers replacement (they installed 3 new rev b covers) and acoustic heat pump cover retrofit...

The seat back cover you mentioned caught my eye. Can you quote what your invoice says for that and what did you do to get those replaced? I have an early Vin from March and am curious what is the difference you can see or have noticed, if any?

Could be they might of damaged the front facia. I had my car in first service to address fender gaps, etc. they end up damaging the front facia. They acknowledged and replaced it. Just got it out of 2nd service, luckily no more damages. Was pretty frustrated by service quality when build quality lacks already.

it’s not that. It was on the invoice I accepted before I brought my car in.

The seat back cover you mentioned caught my eye. Can you quote what your invoice says for that and what did you do to get those replaced? I have an early Vin from March and am curious what is the difference you can see or have noticed, if any?

some of the earlier cars had rear seat backs that didn’t stay attached well. Mine were not well attached when I got the car. I was told that there is rev B part now that addresses the attachment issue. Not sure what they changed.

Y 2R 40 BACKPANEL A-SIDE(1494077-90-B)
Y 2R 20 BACKPANEL(1493924-60-B)
Y 2R 60 BACKPANEL A-SIDE(1493919-90-B)