Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inspecting car the day prior to 'Delivery' date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery date is set for 12/18 but I wanted to see/inspect the car before hand as not to feel rushed. The 510 number say that the car is already at the pick up location however I won't be able to inspect it till delivery date. Is this true? I have read that other on this forum were able to visit the service center the day before to look over the car.

From my experience, you will not feel rushed unless you are nearing closing time or it's getting dark. Have your checklist ready and go thru it. Make sure you open doors and frunk/trunk and look closely. My only complaint was the back seat head rests and back were very very dirty. They came out and cleaned it up for me, rather apologetically and made sure i was taken care of. Like I said work everything you can visually. My gaps weren't that bad. 2 years running and have no regrets. The only thing i had to adjust myself was the Frunk bumper was a little off, so i just raised it a little and it was fine.

Tesla service depends entirely on the attitude/competence of the individual SC.

Fonger: Which Service Center is delivering your car? If you post that, perhaps someone with experience with that SC will weigh in and advise you.

Reactions: fonger
Tesla service depends entirely on the attitude/competence of the individual SC.

Fonger: Which Service Center is delivering your car? If you post that, perhaps someone with experience with that SC will weigh in and advise you.
This. Someone above said that the delivery person was helpful during delivery whereas ours just left our car in the driveway and stood by the sidewalk waiting for their uber to pick them up, lol.

This. Someone above said that the delivery person was helpful during delivery whereas ours just left our car in the driveway and stood by the sidewalk waiting for their uber to pick them up, lol.
It doesn't matter. Everyone has the same window of time regarding defects and problems. The point is, there is no need to rush or do extra visits or work as a customer.

Reactions: Pianewman
It doesn't matter. Everyone has the same window of time regarding defects and problems. The point is, there is no need to rush or do extra visits or work as a customer.
It certainly DOES matter. Inspecting the car in the presence of a SC employee allows you to file issues in real time, WITH the employee, rather than having to slog through the tedious Tesla communication tree. Some issues can be resolved on the spot, others can be arranged with the employee.

It's a matter of timing.

It certainly DOES matter. Inspecting the car in the presence of a SC employee allows you to file issues in real time, WITH the employee, rather than having to slog through the tedious Tesla communication tree. Some issues can be resolved on the spot, others can be arranged with the employee.

It's a matter of timing.
Whatever makes you feel comfortable.
Tesla gives you a 100mile window for QC to report issues.
You shouldn't make an appt right away since there might be something that you notice while driving or 50 miles down the road.
We were very happy with the transaction process.