Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inspecting Cars Before Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone else can chime in here but when I was on the fence about plaid the other option to keep Tesla off my back was a cashier's check.

eta: Plaid was the cash transaction and that was what I did after checking out the car. Plaid is an ACH/Cash transaction.

Smart. I used to work in fin-tech and plaid is shady as hell. The amount of data they have on consumers is absolutely mind blowing. Even if you link just one bank account, they somehow get literally ALL of your info, all bank accounts, all transaction history data, and so much more that I didn’t even know was possible. Things about me that I wouldn’t even know how to start trying to find if I wanted to. And at that time, even lower-level plaid employees were able to access said consumer data whenever they wanted to. Maybe that’s changed since 2018, but it was enough of a wake up call for me to never use plaid, ever.

They flatly refused to let me touch or look inside the car until they had the cash. Could walk around it at arm's length and look, but no touch. "Company rules are: No one touches your new car before you.!" Makes one wonder how it got put together or got here? If you don't care to play that game, they will happily keep the $250 and sell the car to someone else.

Did you ask to speak to a manager? I’d tell that employee to shove it. That’s definitely not company policy.

That wasn't what I was asking. I don't expect the $250 ordering fee back. They wanted me to make a full payment BEFORE I can come into the service center to inspect the car. My question is if I make the full payment, and then go to the service center where the car is being delivered, and something comes up during the visual inspection and I decline to take delivery, can I still get my $75,000 back?
Yes, regardless of all the Bs you’ll get on here you can refuse delivery at the pickup location. Just make sure you don’t select “accept delivery” on the Tesla app until you’re satisfied.

Enjoy the car and don’t get all wound up before delivery based on this forum.