Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inspection process before delivery Melbourne Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have booked Model 3 LR and expecting delivery in next couple of weeks (at Mulgrave, Victoria). Checked with SC if I can inspect the car before registration. Was told they don't allow viewing vehicle beforehand. So wondering If I will get opportunity to inspect vehicle for any major issues before signing papers. I am not worried too much about minor painting issues, panel gaps as long as they are cosmetic and not very obvious. But if there are major door, and trunk/panel gap alignment issues can I reject the delivery or it is too late as the car is already registered ?. there are lots of thread around this for US market. Din't come across any for Australia. Apologies if this is already discussed ..

This seems easy to me... they're asking you to pay for the car. If you want to see the car before paying for it, you should. If they refuse, you should refuse too. It's a big purchase to make it blindly. FYI... I read many posts about panel gaps and other issues, so I was expecting to find something wrong with my car too... I picked up my M3 on December 29th (so end of year production ramp up) and there were zero issues. The car was perfect.

Congratulations on your new car. I'm certain you'll appreciated it!

• Disagree
Reactions: TSLY
Have booked Model 3 LR and expecting delivery in next couple of weeks (at Mulgrave, Victoria). Checked with SC if I can inspect the car before registration. Was told they don't allow viewing vehicle beforehand. So wondering If I will get opportunity to inspect vehicle for any major issues before signing papers. I am not worried too much about minor painting issues, panel gaps as long as they are cosmetic and not very obvious. But if there are major door, and trunk/panel gap alignment issues can I reject the delivery or it is too late as the car is already registered ?. there are lots of thread around this for US market. Din't come across any for Australia. Apologies if this is already discussed ..
Good luck with this! FWIW my Chinese assembled M3LR that I got in March is just fine. It’s not a Lexus but it’s as good as most cars on the road. At least you got the advantage of huge price reduction that I missed out on.

Good luck with this! FWIW my Chinese assembled M3LR that I got in March is just fine. It’s not a Lexus but it’s as good as most cars on the road. At least you got the advantage of huge price reduction that I missed out on.
Thanks Tim. Yeah it looks the build quality is definitely improved for the ones coming out of Shanghai gigafactory. So hoping everything goes smooth on the delivery date. Minor paint issues, small panel gaps don't bother me. But seen few videos where the doors, trunks are way off and they are hard to close etc. so more worried about such obvious ones .. Price cut is what tempted me.. definitely a welcoming change for Aussie market .

Thanks Tim. Yeah it looks the build quality is definitely improved for the ones coming out of Shanghai gigafactory. So hoping everything goes smooth on the delivery date. Minor paint issues, small panel gaps don't bother me. But seen few videos where the doors, trunks are way off and they are hard to close etc. so more worried about such obvious ones .. Price cut is what tempted me.. definitely a welcoming change for Aussie market .
Nothing on my car is way off, a few very minor issues with alignment but that’s about it. Most people wouldn’t notice them. The pros definitely outweigh the cons. By the time you see your car will have been paid for, and registered so will become a warranty issue.