Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Install automatic front & truck - customization.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!

Anyone located in Indiana know a place where they will install automatic fronk & trunk? Or I'm assuming this is something that we need to buy the kit and DIY it? I've been looking online for a shop that does this, but unfortunately I have not ran into luck besides PPF installations....

Any input will be helpful!

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

Anyone located in Indiana know a place where they will install automatic fronk & trunk? Or I'm assuming this is something that we need to buy the kit and DIY it? I've been looking online for a shop that does this, but unfortunately I have not ran into luck besides PPF installations....
Thanks!

Doubt it. The rear hatch is already automatic, and doing that to the front trunk is illegal...
correction, you were talking about a model3. no auto trunk on that model, sorry. No Tesla has auto frunk though, due to the myriad of related safety issues. I suspect there is an NHTSA rule somewhere.

But still, I thought those kits were supposed to be DIY? I never looked, because i never had any interest in going there myself.

Last edited:
Doubt it. The rear hatch is already automatic, and doing that to the front trunk is illegal...
correction, you were talking about a model3. no auto trunk on that model, sorry. No Tesla has auto frunk though, due to the myriad of related safety issues. I suspect there is an NHTSA rule somewhere.

But still, I thought those kits were supposed to be DIY? I never looked, because i never had any interest in going there myself.

Tbh not sure. I just don't like pressing down on my frunk when I close it. Just seeing if there was anything out there.....be extremely helpful for both the back and front so it can auto open and close...

Hi everyone!

Thanks!
The YouTube channel from Bearded Tesla Guy (right here in Central Indiana) has this great review and installation walk-through of a frunk opener from Hansshow: