Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Install date set for 19.04 kW Solar system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a long time to get to this point and now the exciting part is about to happen. The install.
This will be a total of 56 panels. That is a lot of panels on the roof. I hope that this can cover my electricity usage 100% that was my main goal with the system. Last months energy usage was 3,040 kWh for the month. I would say an average of 2,000 kWh per month. Getting closer to see if I will get enough production to offset the bill.
IMG_5073.jpg

Reactions: SoCal Dave
Took a long time to get to this point and now the exciting part is about to happen. The install.
This will be a total of 56 panels. That is a lot of panels on the roof. I hope that this can cover my electricity usage 100% that was my main goal with the system. Last months energy usage was 3,040 kWh for the month. I would say an average of 2,000 kWh per month. Getting closer to see if I will get enough production to offset the bill.
View attachment 588104
Wow, that is a big system. Did you run some numbers from PVWatts Calculator for your location? It will give you a very good estimate.

I don’t believe that there’s a way to enter multiple panel orientations in PVWatts, so if you just left the defaults it will assume that all your panels are oriented facing due south. Since you have panels in multiple orientations then it’s likely that your annual production will be lower. To get a better estimate you’ll need to run the PVWatts calculation three times, once for each panel orientation. Obviously use a smaller system size each time. For example, it looks like you have 8 panels facing south, so run that calculation for a 2720kW system (8 panels x 340W per panel).

On a side note, your location is listed as Cassleberry. If that’s Cassleberry, FL then you’re only about 20 minutes south of me.

I don’t believe that there’s a way to enter multiple panel orientations in PVWatts, so if you just left the defaults it will assume that all your panels are oriented facing due south. Since you have panels in multiple orientations then it’s likely that your annual production will be lower. To get a better estimate you’ll need to run the PVWatts calculation three times, once for each panel orientation. Obviously use a smaller system size each time. For example, it looks like you have 8 panels facing south, so run that calculation for a 2720kW system (8 panels x 340W per panel).

On a side note, your location is listed as Cassleberry. If that’s Cassleberry, FL then you’re only about 20 minutes south of me.
Yes I am in Cassleberry FL.