Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Install Day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9.6 kW (24) Solar Panels with 2 Powerwalls. Crew was incredible. Insanley clean install. Took them 8 hours start to finsh. One of the solar installers even cleaned my gutters while he was waiting around. Simply blown away.

IMG_4012.jpeg
IMG_4006.jpeg
IMG_4011.jpeg
IMG_4015.jpeg

That's awesome! Today was my installation day as well but it didn't go so well. Two Powerwalls were installed with no problem but after spending 14 hours on site the team didn't finish my 6.8kW installation and said they needed to come back 'to finish the punch list' and because their schedule was full it would be at least a few weeks 'til they could come back to finish.

Reactions: TBrownTX
That's awesome! Today was my installation day as well but it didn't go so well. Two Powerwalls were installed with no problem but after spending 14 hours on site the team didn't finish my 6.8kW installation and said they needed to come back 'to finish the punch list' and because their schedule was full it would be at least a few weeks 'til they could come back to finish.

Oh man that sucks, sorry to hear that. Did they at least leave you in self-powered mode, or was the punch list extensive enough that they left the system powered down?

TIm

Problem... seem to have a developed a small coolant leak in the inverter. My support section of the application does not have a button to request service available yet. Does anyone know how else to get a hold of them?

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_4021.jpeg
    IMG_4021.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 300
Problem... seem to have a developed a small coolant leak in the inverter. My support section of the application does not have a button to request service available yet. Does anyone know how else to get a hold of them?

Tim

Should this happen to someone else... I posted this on a Facebook group and got the following response.

"Just need to tighten hex bolt inside door top right corner. Sometimes coolant leaks when bolt is not torqued down all the way. Quick fix. Installers should have tightened all bolts but must have slipped their mind. Does not always happen but have seen it before. Hex bolt located on top right corner by fan once you open inverter door, using push in latch at the bottom center of the inverter door. Open it up and tighten the hex bolt that is gold. Should take care of it."

I just checked it out and the source of the leak does seem to be coming from the hex bolt. I had JUST purchased a new set of wrenches maybe 3 weeks ago. Grabbed my brand new 10mm and was able to torque that bolt maybe an 1/8th turn. Will head back out there in a couple hours to see if that did the trick. This gentleman certainly seems knowledgable, and I assume that's going to be the end of the leak.

I'll come repot back if it ends up being something else, but pretty sure this ones solved.

Tim

Reactions: jgleigh
9.6 kW (24) Solar Panels with 2 Powerwalls. Crew was incredible. Insanley clean install. Took them 8 hours start to finsh. One of the solar installers even cleaned my gutters while he was waiting around. Simply blown away.

View attachment 812419View attachment 812421View attachment 812422View attachment 812423
I’m pretty sure you don’t need a back up load center for a full house back up. Do you know why they put one in? These are of course needed when you have partial back up of your home. If you had only one power wall for example.