Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Install of MPP Lift Kit (Washington DC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone, after much delay, I finally got my new Model Y delivered Y yesterday. Planning to lift the car and install more rugged wheels and tires (Black Rhino Mozambiques with Toyo 255/55R18 Open Country A/T III) as the car will be heading to Costa Rica.

I have everything (MPP lift kit and camber arms) but I can't find anyone in the Washington DC area (where I'm at right now) who is able/willing to install. Any leads on a mechanic (instructions seem doable DIY but I would rather have the three hours of my life and all the skin intact on my knuckles).

DM @MountainPass they got back to me pretty quick with installers in Denver

Also.. you have a link for the wheels you plan on using?

Reactions: gt2690b
Very classy classic for lifted MYs thanks to this forum!. Are you also planning to increase tire overall size?
Were you able to buy the Mozambique in matte black? I heard they may be stopping production and be hard to find.

Those black rhino wheels look nice. I'm just curious if adding a lift kit and all-terrain tires will affect the ride and range of your MY.
Just with lift kit <1000 miles I haven’t seen a measurable change in average kWh correcting for other factors. AT tires are bound to have lower efficiency, but can’t say how much. I won’t change tires until I get new 18” wheels.
I care about noise too . I wonder if anyone has experience with Toyo Open Country QT

Reactions: mdelvin
Just ordered my Y performance a few week a go and delivery is the 15th to 18th so excited. Meanwhile I am looking to get a mesurment from the front lifting point to the rear lifting point to see if my quick jack will lift it. Anyone know or can meassure it for me?

DM @MountainPass they got back to me pretty quick with installers in Denver

Also.. you have a link for the wheels you plan on using?
Did you get an alignment afterward? I've got an installer in Aurora scheduled to do my lift + plate + camber arms. They were recommended by MPP, but they don't do alignments. I am having trouble finding a Denver area shop that is comfortable doing the alignment. They all say they can dial in the alignment, but aren't qualified to reset/calibrate sensors for safety and FSD features and have seen issues with them after doing Teslas. Trying to find someone close to Boulder area as I'm driving from up in Nederland area for the work.

Did you get an alignment afterward? I've got an installer in Aurora scheduled to do my lift + plate + camber arms. They were recommended by MPP, but they don't do alignments. I am having trouble finding a Denver area shop that is comfortable doing the alignment. They all say they can dial in the alignment, but aren't qualified to reset/calibrate sensors for safety and FSD features and have seen issues with them after doing Teslas. Trying to find someone close to Boulder area as I'm driving from up in Nederland area for the work.

I used these guys in Denver for install and alignment: Tesla Model Y Performance Services | Bluewater Performance

They weren't able to get the alignment perfect, but it seems to be fine, and they had done it before.

Check out Ptuning in Manassas... they did awesome work for a reasonable price on my MYP for the coilovers. Great serious tuning shop and they obviously love cars and do great work at a reasonable price. MPP turned me onto them and I drove 70 miles to have them do my coilovers and alignment.

It's great to see someone in VA working on these. I hope I don't have to drive 3 hours to Manassas. Does anyone on here know of a shop any closer to VA Beach? Mountain Pass said they weren't aware of anyone nearby.
I finally pulled the trigger on an MPP 1.75" lift and rear camber arms.
Did I read correctly, someone commented that the alignment requires special tools and/or Tesla specific apps or hardware?
TIA for any help.