Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Install Wall Connector before or after receiving car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the advice of some here and got the NEMA 14-50 converted to a HPWC today. Now I'm at least getting some indication that it works (green standby light, according to manual). Just got assigned my VIN yesterday too, so hopefully just a few more weeks to go.

Don't see too many pictures of outdoor HPWC on a post, so here it is, before and after.

IMG_0232.jpg IMG_1091.jpg

Sounds good, but I would have gone ahead and had him increase the breaker to at least 60a, if not the whole 100a and set the wall connector accordingly as long as he was there. You never know when you might be in a real hurry for a charge.

Edit: Of course it's possible that would have needed a new permit, in which case I can see why you'd put it off.

Sounds good, but I would have gone ahead and had him increase the breaker to at least 60a, if not the whole 100a and set the wall connector accordingly as long as he was there. You never know when you might be in a real hurry for a charge.

Edit: Of course it's possible that would have needed a new permit, in which case I can see why you'd put it off.
>60A requires local disconnect.