Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installation and review of the Aroham Yoke for my 2021 MY Performance (9/7/21 build)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw today a red MYP with white interior, and with a WHITE yoke, and tilted (toward the driver) screen. It also had a SpaceX decal on the back. Is that a normal mod now?
Definitely not normal…. Here’s my not normal mod…

B53DC60A-F149-4BFC-949D-34717977AF7F.jpeg

Reactions: GreenHokie
Update:

Looks like Homie will produce heated yoke with installed connector. When ordering, just ask to have the connector. They will send you pictures before shipping to confirm it meets with your satisfaction.

View attachment 716254
Anyone install their yoke with the included wire harness? I have a lease and I’m really don’t want to mess with my original wires. Just want to be able to plug in as I will have to switch back to the oem steering wheel When I hand my car back in.

also is the heated yoke as powerful or is it a huge drop off after installing the yoke ?

Anyone install their yoke with the included wire harness? I have a lease and I’m really don’t want to mess with my original wires. Just want to be able to plug in as I will have to switch back to the oem steering wheel When I hand my car back in.

also is the heated yoke as powerful or is it a huge drop off after installing the yoke ?
Yes. Just ask the AliExpress seller, Homie, to include the harness and they will.

Reactions: JaeTheDev

Yes. Just ask the AliExpress seller, Homie, to include the harness and they will.

My MYP was struck by a deer a month back and should be getting into my hands from the shop this week. Im installing this yoke. Matte white carbon fiber trim, heated plug, and overall, it feels amazing. I'll let you know how the heated part is once I install.

I bought from Greecar Modification Store on AliExpress. The messages are in English, and well-spoken. Their prices are great as well. Tell them I (Jae The Dev) gave you their info, and they will hook you up with a great price.

IMG_0601.jpg

I installed this on my 2022 MYP. I have the same steering as the OP and can confirm that the Heating harness was plug and play but did require the original OEM steering guts transferred over the new steering. The heating function is 5x hotter than the OEM steering.

I got an Aroham Yoke for my Tesla 3 - Also had an install Fail...

In a video I tell you why I bought a yoke steering wheel, review it, show you how to install it (with a number of tips), show you what went wrong with my install, give you my initial impressions and finally what the negatives are after using it for a few weeks.

What I discuss:
  • Why Get a Yoke? Pretty much just to be cool...
  • Aroham Yoke Review - It's a good yoke for the money ~$500+$120 shipping for the alcantara version that I bought.
  • Pre-install Concerns - based on how I normally hold the wheel I will need to adjust.
  • Something went wrong with the install - I show how to install and provide a number of tips. However, I had an issue with the horn blaring when I reconnected the 12V battery. Still not sure exactly why, but I had to remove/replace the airbag assembly twice. At first I thought the airbag may have been stuck but it really didn't feel that way nor does it look like it when I reviewed the video.
  • Initial Reactions then a 2-3 Week followup – Overall I do like it as it really changed the driver view and feel of the car. Hard to explain how much it made the interior different for me, in a good way.
I bought the yoke from Greecar Modification Store on AliExpress: 367.0US $ 40% OFF|Yoke Steering Wheel With Leather High Quality Customized For Tesla Model 3 Model Y 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021|Steering Wheels & Steering Wheel Hubs| - AliExpress

No, I did not get a discount...

I just received a yoke that I will install very soon BUT...

before I install, does anyone know the torque measurement on the bolt that holds the yoke in place?

Its been covered by many YT'ers that Tesla does not give the torque info for the steering wheel out. Why? No clue. That being said, "tight AF" is about right. Turn until you cant anymore. Works perfectly.