Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installation is almost complete! 5 Powerwalls and 400A service upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good question, if only the TEG would let me into the commissioning wizard! The guys who normally commissioned it handled the tech the first time.

When I followed up with the procedure in the installation manual and tried it again myself, I get no response from http://teg-XXX so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I downloaded Opera so the features of chrome weren't messing me up. I will try my laptop next time.

This seems like a silly problem but it's time for me to do the learning clearly.
Did you try by the IP? 192.168.91.1 I believe.

If you are connecting via the GW's own WiFi (TEG-xxxx) then yes the IP is the same for all. If the GW is connected to your own WiFi network and you are trying to reach the GW through that network the GW IP address on that network will be assigned by your router and vary user to user.
I figured it out and connected but didn't get further. I had other priorities, but will check in this weekend,

Nope, I have 2 gw's, which of course have different IP's which are assigned from my router, and can change, and did change, when I power cycled my router.
The DHCP server in most routers will include a configuration to dedicate an address from the pool to the MAC address of a device. So then after the device or router is power cycled the same address will be assigned.

Nope, I have 2 gw's, which of course have different IP's which are assigned from my router, and can change, and did change, when I power cycled my router.

You are saying the same thing that @yblaser (and others) said, actually. You are talking about the IP address on your network, vs the IP address the device itself presents for connecting directly.

Ok this has been a wild week with family stress so I haven't done as much as I wanted.

I figured out my screwup with logging in to the TEG, I simply wasn't connected to the TEG local wifi. Now that I am connected I can confirm I have no panel limits set.

We passed Final Inspection and so that is awesome! PTO should be less than 30 days I hope.

I have some work to do in running internet to the TEG now, so until then I sometimes drop the local wifi signal.

I have placard material in nice high reflective blue to match my trim, but since I am tearing off and re-doing my roof, I am leaving the red placards on until the inspectors are no longer coming by to look. Following the re-roof I am trying to add another 6.2 kW of PV to my rooftop, so I still have work to do.

I installed the replacement eGauge yesterday and wired up 12 of the 15 channels. Now the whole ranch is individually metered, except my house loads. I need to run the CT extensions along with the Ethernet cable and that should take care of the final bits of metering.

I also installed a Siemens FS100 whole home surge protector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013WINLIO?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details as I had seen the reports of TEG getting damage from line side surge events.

I have placard material in nice high reflective blue to match my trim, but since I am tearing off and re-doing my roof, I am leaving the red placards on until the inspectors are no longer coming by to look.
Speaking of making the placard look nice, I have a few complaints about the one Tesla just put up for me:

IMG_6774.jpg

There are four marks that look like punctuation characters that escaped; the RSS is not shown in the right place on the diagram; but my main complaint is that the house diagram should be rotated 180 degrees so that when someone is standing in front of the plackard the house diagram is in the same orientation as the physical house.

Speaking of making the placard look nice, I have a few complaints about the one Tesla just put up for me:

View attachment 776785
There are four marks that look like punctuation characters that escaped; the RSS is not shown in the right place on the diagram; but my main complaint is that the house diagram should be rotated 180 degrees so that when someone is standing in front of the plackard the house diagram is in the same orientation as the physical house.
Your's actually look nice compared to mine. Most of the site specific lettering is almost unreadable and where they call out the location is wrong also. All the equipment should be all the way to the right. The plans had the same layout and I told them it was incorrect but no one seemed to care.

Attachments

• PXL_20220305_043224689.jpg
    PXL_20220305_043224689.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 43
Vines should start a NEC placard service. My old placards from Sunrun were all messed up, illegible, and deceptive. But at least photovoltaic was spelled correctly.

But now my placards are beautiful and informative. And the new color looks a lot better than the dumb azz bright red.