Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installation of Auto Pilot hardware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Old thread but......I just called the Daina Beach Service Center for a wheel alignment and when asked is that all we are doing? Joking said "and retro fit Auto Pilot" the answer was; do you already have the parts?..... I said I was joking but do you mean this can be done??? how much???
She went away and came back a few seconds later around $2.5-3k

I left it there as I am assuming she was mistaken

They asked if you had the parts? That sounds like she thought you had an AP equipped car with AP disabled and was offering to enable it for you (which costs $3k after delivery normally, and $2.5k during production configuration.)

One car has been successfully retrofitted by a very ambitious member - I'll find the thread on it when I get home if someone else doesn't add it - and he said it was so much work he wouldn't do it again.

How about a TACC only retrofit? I'd pay a reasonable amount ($1-2k) to add the forward facing radar to enable just the traffic aware cruise control.

I'm not looking for parking sensors, auto steer, lane change, summon, etc. Just highway use only cruise control so I can drive pedal free in bumper to bumper traffic.

Reactions: hiroshiy