TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Installation of BlackVue DR650S-2CH into a 2017 MS w/Glass Roof

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Tyshawn, May 13, 2017.

1. Tyshawn

Tyshawn Member

Was looking into getting a Dash Cam for my MS. I see a lot of people go with the BlackVue option however I can not find anyone that has installed this cam system inside a MS with the Glass Roof. Therefore, I'm thinking about just getting the single channel DR650S instead of the 2CH one cause I don't see a way to get the cord for the rear cam past that glass roof. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas...?

2. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

I have the Blackvue installed in my S with the glass roof. There are some threads on how to run the wiring. I had it done by my detailer, and there are no exposed wires anywhere.

3. sorka

sorka Active Member

Is there a reason to believe it would be different than a pano roof model?

4. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

You need the pano roof option for satellite radio but the Blackvue camera wires run to the rear run through the passenger side roof channels which are still there even with the all glass roof option.

5. tpham07

tpham07 Member

there is a gap between the glass roof and the car frame you can easily tuck wires in. Its actually quite noticable if you aim a flashlight or just run your fingers along the roof.

6. Tyshawn

Tyshawn Member

Thanks for the information, didn't know that there was a channel on the passenger side.