TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Installation of Tesla Wall Charger & Los Angeles DWP Pushing Back on Rebate Offer

Discussion in 'California' started by Monymgr, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Monymgr

Monymgr Member

Hi All,

[SUB]I installed the Tesla Wall Charger in my garage earlier this month and have heard from several folks they are running into problems in getting their $750 rebate from LA DWP. According to them it appears the DWP does not like the Tesla Wall Charger even though it is considered a Level 2 Charger.
    [/SUB]

[SUB]Has anyone run into this problem? I couldn't find anything on the DWP's website.
    [/SUB]

[SUB]Thanks,
    Monymgr[/SUB]

2. SeanTek

SeanTek Member

I got a rebate from LADWP back in 2013 when the rebate was $2000. No problems.
    I looked at the $750 LADWP rebate offer recently, and I thought that they specifically said that Tesla High Power Wall Connector (now apparently it's just called the Wall Connector?) was allowed. It has to be that one, 1008488-00-E, not the Tesla Mobile Connector Bundle, 1025821-00-B (US).

Hey there! Conveniently, the price of the Wall Connector dropped to $750! It used to be $1200. When did that happen??

3. Monymgr

Monymgr Member

#3 Monymgr, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    SeanTek,

I'm not sure when Tesla dropped the pricing down to $750.00.

Regarding the rebate from DWP, I have the right Wall Charger and have been waiting since November. Each time I call they state it is being looked at. However they are unable to provide a time frame as to when payment or credit to my electric bill will take place.

Anyone else experiencing a problem in receiving their credit?
    Monymgr. :wink:

4. txakoli

txakoli Member

I believe the HPWC price was reduced in the fall of 2014.

I assume that you meet the requirements of Sec. 7 of the rebate application, including the LADBS permit approval.

I had the HPWC installed in Dec. 2014, submitted the application and appropriate paperwork that same month, and received the $750 rebate check in March 2015.

5. Monymgr

Monymgr Member

Txakoli,

Yep, all of that. Sent in a copy of the signed off LADBS permit and provided the requested pictures.

Based on on your experience, most likely I should receive the rebate sometime around late February - early March.

Thanks,
    Monymgr

6. Monymgr

Monymgr Member

Turns out it's just a slow process. Submitted the rebate paperwork on November 16th and received the check today, January 22nd.
    Monymgr