TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Installation of tow hitch receiver

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Insureit1, Sep 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Insureit1

Insureit1 Member

OK what am I doing wrong. I have the factory tow package and trying to install the receiver and the thing will not lock into place. I have the key in and following the instructions but the thing will not lock into place. Do I have to be Hercules to get this thing locked into place? I have had multiple hitches on multiple vehicles including a Land lover with a similar hitch to Tesla and never had an issue like this. What am I doing wrong here?

2. Insureit1

Insureit1 Member

Figured it out. Operator error on my part. Should have checked YouTube before posting. For others interested here is a video link that shows the process. Need to pull the locking mechanism like a watch.

• Informative x 1