Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installation of tow hitch receiver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK what am I doing wrong. I have the factory tow package and trying to install the receiver and the thing will not lock into place. I have the key in and following the instructions but the thing will not lock into place. Do I have to be Hercules to get this thing locked into place? I have had multiple hitches on multiple vehicles including a Land lover with a similar hitch to Tesla and never had an issue like this. What am I doing wrong here?

I just installed my tow hitch today, and I was going crazy watching these videos and not seeing the same thing in reality. I had the lock in the correct position, and every video I saw showed it clicking into place after it was primed and turned correctly. Low and behold, I turned it and placed it in, with no click or locking at all. Turns out I had to wiggle it a LOT in order for the ball bearings to disengage the Bosal adapter and lock into the tow unit. If someone else has issues installing their Bosal adapter, it just might need some wiggling to finally lock into place, the diagram showing how the dial should look like after being fully engaged is important.

• Informative
Reactions: JimVandegriff