Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed a kit to mirror phone on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice! So I guess it's really all about entertainment apps?
Well the first thing I did was mirror my iPhone so Apple Maps, Waze etc was better for nav. Then I started with Netflix, but i said hmm since it’s just an hdmi out what if I used an Apple TV. It’s basically just like using the iPhone but the Apple TV seemed to just load faster. You could also of course use a roku stick or firestick, I personally just like apple products.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS and byeLT4
Well the first thing I did was mirror my iPhone so Apple Maps, Waze etc was better for nav. Then I started with Netflix, but i said hmm since it’s just an hdmi out what if I used an Apple TV. It’s basically just like using the iPhone but the Apple TV seemed to just load faster. You could also of course use a roku stick or firestick, I personally just like apple products.
What is the kit you installed? I'd want to use Google maps for this by mirroring my Pixel 6

It’s a kit by a company called Beatsonic, they’re out of Cali. You can use androids too I also have a pixel 6 pro. U just use an MHL adapter instead of apples lightning/hdmi adapater and they work the same way.
Please share a link to the specific kit. I browsed the site, specified my car on their drop down search form and no products are displayed. 2016 Model S

Please share a link to the specific kit. I browsed the site, specified my car on their drop down search form and no products are displayed. 2016 Model S
I did a search on Tesla and came up with this:

Reactions: Stayfly2407
If you’re just mirroring your phone the audio comes out your car speakers by switching to phone on the Mcu. For the Apple TV you need an FM modulator. Lag may be off by like .2, it’s really unrecognizable to me and to others. There is a way to have it sync perfect though I hear.