Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed adjustable rear camber links to reduce rear tire wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BBC Speed and Machine still sell them. $1235 shipped.

They are super easy to install. Just remove the rear wheels and two large bolts (19mm if I recall) and one 7mm bolt will remove them, then replace.

You'll need to immediately get an alignment though, as your camber is going to be seriously off after installing these. I tried to eyeball it and got dead on with one side, but was really off on the other side.

Takes about 20 minutes a side if you know what you're doing. Otherwise, budget about 1.5 hours.

So set rear camber at -1 and total toe around 0.15 is that the ideal to help with tire wear?

• Helpful
Reactions: davidc18
Nice. Keep us posted on how tire wear works out with this setup. I've often wanted to upgrade my 19" wheels to 21" wheels, but its been a tough sell when considering I'd be going from 40k-50k in tread life to as little as 1/10th that.

Tires used to wear out by 9k to 10k miles. I'm pushing close to 14k miles now before i have to change them. These are on 21's wearing PS2s. Going to change to PSS which should last even longer. It is worth it to get the camber kits IF you plan to keep the car long. I'm running only 1.5 degrees camber with little toe out..

Tires used to wear out by 9k to 10k miles. I'm pushing close to 14k miles now before i have to change them. These are on 21's wearing PS2s. Going to change to PSS which should last even longer. It is worth it to get the camber kits IF you plan to keep the car long. I'm running only 1.5 degrees camber with little toe out..

Yeah, I'd say only applicable for those keeping their cars for quite a while. Not enough ROI, in my mind. Too bad - guess I will be sticking with my 19" rims.

I plan on keeping mine until the new Roadster, or possibly even beyond as my daily driver. After burning a set of tires up in ~5k miles, they will pay for themselves in 1 year of service. Well worth it IMO, yes they aren't cheap, but neither are tires on a 1-1.5 year basis.