Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed! Austin MY C Pillars for Parcel Shelf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a response from my local dealer. I ordered on 8/1 and picked an 8/6 appointment. They responded saying the parts wouldn't be in and re-scheduled my appointment to 8/11.

My take here is that they're not going to cancel my order.

I don't have an invoice yet, so we'll see.

I suggest keeping the appointment. For whatever reason the appointment allows them to order the part and also allocate the part to your order so no one else can snatch it up.

My SC would give me a call like a few days before the appointment to let me know the status of the parts and moving the appointment back. Once I found out a couple were in I went straight down but kept the appointment due to parcel shelf in transit.

Good luck everyone!
I set the appointment for two weeks out, I figured that would give them enough time to get all the parts in. Would be nice if they got them in sooner in the SC gave me a call or message through the app.

transferring the seatbelt was not fun. After a quick dip in the pool I did the other side as well. This time I didn’t move the factory foam and things snapped back together much easier.

TBH I’m a bit underwhelmed with the way the shelf lifts, I was expecting the same articulation as in my old Model S.
Anyway going for a drive later to see if did anything to overall noise level in the car.

transferring the seatbelt was not fun. After a quick dip in the pool I did the other side as well. This time I didn’t move the factory foam and things snapped back together much easier.

TBH I’m a bit underwhelmed with the way the shelf lifts, I was expecting the same articulation as in my old Model S.
Anyway going for a drive later to see if did anything to overall noise level in the car.
Yeah the factory foam is thick, far thicker / dense than the NVH that comes with the new panels. Glad to hear you got it back together though cause it isn't a walk in the park. The MS we have i'd say is comparable for the shelf, but w/out the magnets to keep it all in place.

Reactions: morbidz
Just completed mine this morning too as soon as mobile service dropped off the parts. Took me 1hr for one side, then 15mins on the other side since I knew what to do. Tesla service kept asking if I was sure I wanted to install it myself, he was shocked that I kept denying his service.

As DealMasterMike suggested I transferred over the foam pieces, you can see the comparison on the pictures.

20220804_095639.jpg20220804_092203.jpg

Also here is pictures of the seatbelt bolt, it took me awhile the first time to find and remove.
20220804_095211.jpg20220804_095313.jpg

All done for only $218.
20220804_101838.jpg20220804_104931.jpg

Attachments

• 20220804_104918.jpg
    20220804_104918.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 496
Just completed mine this morning too as soon as mobile service dropped off the parts. Took me 1hr for one side, then 15mins on the other side since I knew what to do. Tesla service kept asking if I was sure I wanted to install it myself, he was shocked that I kept denying his service.

As DealMasterMike suggested I transferred over the foam pieces, you can see the comparison on the pictures.

so what are the tips and tricks to do it faster? The location of that bolt is quite helpful. Looks great!

The biggest hurdle is just getting the feel of how hard to pull on the panels to pop them off (it does feel like your going to break something). And the trim panel that is hooked under the headliner is tricky to get back in, you have to do a lot of pulling on the headliner and pushing the trim back in. Once you get the first one done, you will get more confident on doing the other side.