Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed! Austin MY C Pillars for Parcel Shelf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking at one point in time I wanted to do this, but then I changed my mind. 1) I have the seven seater and yes I know it works but then When I need the seats in a pinch I gotta figure out what to do with the shelf. 2) The stuff I have back there is usally taller than the shelf anyway.

wow they installed it for free? I was gonna be charged 130, i still have not installed it yet maybe this weekend

Your mileage my vary

I hope some of you may be able to get the installation done for free, but it depends on how good your relationship is with your service center.

I have owned 5 Teslas all of which were extremely modified and so the SC's always geek out when i come in. I would also bring donuts or cookies for them on my visits.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and jjrandorin
Also finished the installation yesterday on our 2021 LR. Parts were $200 plus tax. It took about 2 hours as I also added a bit more felt tape to "strategic" locations to eliminate any rattling. There was no Loctite on the bolts, and it took very little force to remove them. Transferring the original insulation over to the new panels took only a few minutes. I cut the foam around the big magnet after transferring them using a razor blade. Overall, an easy job. The hardest part is to re-install the lower panels as these need to be carefully aligned before trying to push the pins in.

Now have two spare original panels that are looking for a new home.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Also finished the installation yesterday on our 2021 LR. Parts were $200 plus tax. It took about 2 hours as I also added a bit more felt tape to "strategic" locations to eliminate any rattling. There was no Loctite on the bolts, and it took very little force to remove them. Transferring the original insulation over to the new panels took only a few minutes. I cut the foam around the big magnet after transferring them using a razor blade. Overall, an easy job. The hardest part is to re-install the lower panels as these need to be carefully aligned before trying to push the pins in.

Now have two spare original panels that are looking for a new home.
Pictures please

Posted this on another thread, but just took delivery of NF548* yesterday and it had no cargo cover. I asked service about ordering the parts for it, and they said "no, it is not retrofittable", despite showing them all the posts and proof of other service centers either offering to install via mobile service, or ship out for customers to do themselves.

They actually said I could reject delivery if i wanted, but of course could not guarantee that that the next car would have the cargo cover.

The car was mostly flawless otherwise, so I followed what everyone else on this thread has done, and put in a request through service on the mobile app anyway, and I'll see how that goes. This was a bay area pickup.

Pictures please
I did not take pictures during the installation. Here is the final result:
1663261013874.png
1663261059259.png

Hi all,

I ordered three parts (two C pillar panels and shelf) and only have the shelf delivered.
Actually I am having some difficulties with ordering C pillar panels from Tesla SC.
Part No (1622252-98-B & 1622253-98-B) are no longer listed in Tesla database.

Instead I found these two part numbers.
C PILLAR UPPER TRIM, ASY, LEFT HAND1661180-00-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)
C PILLAR UPPER TRIM, ASY, RIGHT HAND1661181-00-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)
Could someone confirm whether these will work?

Hi all,

I ordered three parts (two C pillar panels and shelf) and only have the shelf delivered.
Actually I am having some difficulties with ordering C pillar panels from Tesla SC.

I also didn't see it in the database, but when i put in the service request in the app, i just copy&pasted the part numbers and they were able to order it with no other questions. They have not given me an estimate on pricing, but that's probably because they said the parts won't be in until the first week of October.

Hi all,

OK. I am answering my own question here.

I just visited a local SC to talk to a real person and to clarify this issue.
Please disregard above part #. I still do NOT know what those parts (1661180-00-A & 1661181-00-A) are for.
But as dimachaerus noted above, Tesla SC still recognizes and understands those C pillar trim part numbers (1622252-98-B & 1622253-98-B).
So, same part number as before:
C PILLAR UPPER TRIM, ASY, LEFT HAND (1622252-98-B)
C PILLAR UPPER TRIM, ASY, RIGHT HAND (1622253-98-B)

Even better, I could pick up what I have been looking for right there.
Cheers,

So, I installed the left side of trim today.
I am glad that today's weather in Bay area is perfect for this kind of job: rainy & cool.

Just in case some are curious about the seat belt bolts.
I did order both left (36mm; 1526012-00-A) and right (30mm; 1117931- 00-A) seat belt bolts as some poster(s) informed that these parts are recommended to be replaced according to Tesla service information.

Shown below; new and old 36mm bolt.
The difference is that the new bolt has blue locktite coating.
I guess if you apply locktite on the old one, there is no need for a replacement.
Each bolt costs $0.59 plus tax.. Not much money at all, but I had to wait 10 more days to have these two bolts as an additional part of my delivery.
767737FF-146D-4698-BF02-408B308435A0.jpeg
As others pointed out, accessing the seatbelt bolt was a major PITA.
I had to undo both door side floor trim and the lower C-pillar trim to open up enough gap (1st photo below).
You need to secure this gap to put the bolt back for assembly later.
Also, make sure you have front side of seat belt facing the front of car..
I had to undo the bolt and flip the seat belt. My bad.
6D59EFDA-7D6B-4DF3-BD49-C2E7965E6C8F.jpeg 1A204E9F-9DB8-4BC3-B413-D4BD5E2DA581.jpeg CAB012BA-FB18-45D2-AC83-E92BD413A276.jpeg

So, I installed the left side of trim today.
I am glad that today's weather in Bay area is perfect for this kind of job: rainy & cool.

Just in case some are curious about the seat belt bolts.
I did order both left (36mm; 1526012-00-A) and right (30mm; 1117931- 00-A) seat belt bolts as some poster(s) informed that these parts are recommended to be replaced according to Tesla service information.

Shown below; new and old 36mm bolt.
The difference is that the new bolt has blue locktite coating.
I guess if you apply locktite on the old one, there is no need for a replacement.
Each bolt costs $0.59 plus tax.. Not much money at all, but I had to wait 10 more days to have these two bolts as an additional part of my delivery.
View attachment 854123
As others pointed out, accessing the seatbelt bolt was a major PITA.
I had to undo both door side floor trim and the lower C-pillar trim to open up enough gap (1st photo below).
You need to secure this gap to put the bolt back for assembly later.
Also, make sure you have front side of seat belt facing the front of car..
I had to undo the bolt and flip the seat belt. My bad.
View attachment 854125 View attachment 854124 View attachment 854122
You got your parts quite quick! Did you simply walk into the SC and they had it on hand? Perhaps i misunderstood your last post since it looked like you were still in the process of ordering, but it looks like everything is squared away for you with this install. cool stuff!

You got your parts quite quick! Did you simply walk into the SC and they had it on hand? Perhaps i misunderstood your last post since it looked like you were still in the process of ordering, but it looks like everything is squared away for you with this install. cool stuff!
Yes, I am still waiting for the right trim.
I could walk in the SC and pick the left trim I installed today. But, don't get me wrong.
Later I realized there is my VIN number printed on it: Yes, the part was already delivered at the local SC w/o me being informed.

I first ordered all these parts early Aug.
Tesla is not that fast in making these parts available. Not to mention, there has been a lot of confusion about part numbers.

Tesla app chat says these parts are not available for ordering (i.e., not listed in the part database) , but when I talked to a real person at the SC, they have no problem ordering these parts.

Yes, I am still waiting for the right trim.
I could walk in the SC and pick the left trim I installed today. But, don't get me wrong.
Later I realized there is my VIN number printed on it: Yes, the part was already delivered at the local SC w/o me being informed.

I first ordered all these parts early Aug.
Tesla is not that fast in making these parts available. Not to mention, there has been a lot of confusion about part numbers.

Tesla app chat says these parts are not available for ordering (i.e., not listed in the part database) , but when I talked to a real person at the SC, they have no problem ordering these parts.
Cool, thanks for the info!