Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed! Austin MY C Pillars for Parcel Shelf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone successfully ordered these parts in Canada?
Submitted my order about 2 weeks ago.
Pick up date is this Sat Aug 13 according to the app.
They haven't said anything back except pushing out service schedule because they said they need more time.
So I guess it is possible to order these parts in Canada.

If you are going to try, I suggest choosing mobile service instead of picking a service centre like I did. Mobile service should actually driver these parts right to your door.

Attachments

• 014B1A87-1F5D-4C89-B81D-0462371F7AB5.png
    014B1A87-1F5D-4C89-B81D-0462371F7AB5.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 9634B0BC-8176-4922-91D5-8C439938F6D2.png
    9634B0BC-8176-4922-91D5-8C439938F6D2.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Reactions: MY9Cho and MYPMSM
Thanks for the insight. It’s harder to justify since I have fairly dark tint for privacy but it helps with cabin noise I might just do it.
Yeah, in this camp as well, will do it primarily for a quieter cabin. Would love to see more data on this. Whether it actually reduce the cabin noise, also on the speaker quality as well, it is my understanding there are two speakers in the trunk. Will it have effect on the sound quality?

Yeah, in this camp as well, will do it primarily for a quieter cabin. Would love to see more data on this. Whether it actually reduce the cabin noise, also on the speaker quality as well, it is my understanding there are two speakers in the trunk. Will it have effect on the sound quality?
If I recall, it sits below the speakers (from a photo or two I’ve seen)

• Informative
Reactions: cc333
I’m guessing it should unless Tesla changed the Fremont panel from 2021 to 2022.. I have a 2021 and will try to order.. I don’t see any other part for this area other than the 2, regular and this special one..

It does seem all of the retrofits here are 2022 cars.

IMO I don't think they would change the design mounting points to the body side panels. The hard tooling involved to design a change w/different mounting points across all WW manufacturing locations doesn't make sense from a cost and part perspective, and then adding on different C Pillar parts on top of that.

My guess is that for plastic injection molding this could be done from the supplier end to add the shelf ledge modifying the existing tool(s) for left + right, maybe even starting out w/soft tooling in Shanghai last year until it was vetted and additional hard tooling created (maybe w/additional shots) for parts distribution WW in Berlin and Texas.

Reactions: Undisclosed
I’m guessing it should unless Tesla changed the Fremont panel from 2021 to 2022.. I have a 2021 and will try to order.. I don’t see any other part for this area other than the 2, regular and this special one..

It does seem all of the retrofits here are 2022 cars.
I've got a MYP 2021 (Fremont), I'm picking up my parts on the 12th. I will be installing them (or attempting to?) that day, so I should have some details on that coming by end of the week. Granted, this is of course if they actually got the parts in, I haven't heard anything from them after I approved the estimate.