Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed! Austin MY C Pillars for Parcel Shelf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it easy to install? I am thinking of doing it. I'm not the most handy. Anyone with a Canadian quotation? I would like to know how much for just parts. :)
Just got the estimate back.
Ex. rate is about 1.3 from USD which is not bad.
With taxes came to $288.15

Now I just need to check if they got me right parts on my pick-up date.

1660233946349.png

Just got the estimate back.
Ex. rate is about 1.3 from USD which is not bad.
With taxes came to $288.15

Now I just need to check if they got me right parts on my pick-up date.

View attachment 839628

Nice i ordered it too. A bit less taxes in BC. What Year is your MODEL Y? I have a MY20LR hoping this fits. A little bit concerned about the rear seat bolt removal. It's required to get this installed right?

1660237928679.png

Is this possible to do on a 7 seater? Scanned the thread but don't see where that was asked.

Maybe if there's enough parts demand for this Tesla will cave in and start doing it on Fremont production cars standard as they are doing on the Austin cars.

Is this possible to do on a 7 seater? Scanned the thread but don't see where that was asked.

Maybe if there's enough parts demand for this Tesla will cave in and start doing it on Fremont production cars standard as they are doing on the Austin cars.
I don't see why not. Upon checking the EPC there aren't specific upper C Pillar trims for 7 seater. Only the lower trims have specific trims cause of the armrest. The seats shouldn't be impacted by the shelf ledge either because the armrest protrudes out further than the ledge, but might be weird for anyone sitting back there cause the shelf ledge is at head level.

I will be getting these for my 7-seater when it arrives also if it doesn't come with it already.

Reactions: voip-ninja
It is possible to also leave it in the half folded position to make some more space. I was at Costco and some things piled up where this position helped. Otherwise, super tall items will block the rear window and most likely you’d already know the shelf isn’t needed to leave at home.
Does the parcel shelf fold for storage when you take it off the car? (I have a large dog that sometimes likes to travel in the trunk!)

Does the parcel shelf fold for storage when you take it off the car? (I have a large dog that sometimes likes to travel in the trunk!)
Yes it isn’t a 50/50 split though, like 60/40. Just learned something new today that if your in the backseat and need to grab something from under the shelf, you can lift the shelf flap upwards and grab stuff.

I am not sure if my parts came in but they just confirmed my Tesla appointment for parts order today but they didn’t respond yet to if all the parts are in and my appointment is later this week.. Guess I will wait for a response before I go see if the parts are in.. bummer though I ordered the ECU upgrade as well but am not able to get an OEM CCS Adapter…