Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed! Austin MY C Pillars for Parcel Shelf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long did everything take? Please let us know how it goes!
Got the parts today and got home and installed it, took about 2 hours along with my ecu upgrade. Hardest parts were removing the head liner from existing trim and removing the seat belt bolt, the seat belt bolt is really annoying to remove, there are two points where it is very hard to get back in if you take off the lower trim..

Overall not that bad only that I was sweating a lot working in the garage so slowed me down slightly..

I guess the install really took 1.5 hours, spent 30 mins transferring the foam..

The video above really helped with removing the trim..

In terms of getting the parts, it took about a week..

Got the parts today and got home and installed it, took about 2 hours along with my ecu upgrade. Hardest parts were removing the head liner from existing trim and removing the seat belt bolt, the seat belt bolt is really annoying to remove, there are two points where it is very hard to get back in if you take off the lower trim..

Overall not that bad only that I was sweating a lot working in the garage so slowed me down slightly..

I guess the install really took 1.5 hours, spent 30 mins transferring the foam..

Is it quieter in the cabin, Some people think is seems quieter which would make sense if it was.

someone in another thread mentioned the seat belt bolt needed to be replaced as it was not re-usable can you verify?

1661789085015.png

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and olsookie
Don’t see why it needs to be replaced it is quite the heavy duty bolt. I did not have to replace it.
Because Tesla says that it has to be replaced. (Just like a lot of bolts for the Ford March-E pack have to be replaced, they can't be re-used. Though in that case I think it was confirmed that some are torque-to-yield style, and others had "teeth" on them that wore down and didn't grab as much after being taken out.)

I don't know if that particular bolt is a torque-to-yield design, but Tesla isn't going to say a bolt has to be replaced for no reason.