Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed! Austin MY C Pillars for Parcel Shelf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those lower bolt (#7) has two different part numbers. It looks like they are the same size but one of them is longer. Does anyone know which one?
View attachment 846627

I just now ordered one of each bolt through the app as I have the new door panels on order.

One size is 30mm and one size is 36mm presumably one for each side. If memory serves me right the driver side seemed longer than the passenger, but I didn’t measure at the time.

Thanks for posting the info guys! Bolts are cheap and easy to replace/torque down.

[30mm] 1117931-00-A
and
[36mm] 1526012-00-A

You also need the part number for the seatbelt bolt as that's not replaceable.

1661573740508-png.845710

1661573918902-png.845713

whew it really took me like 3 hours (2 to figure out the first side). Doesn’t help it was in this 100+ weather in SoCal right now.. but it looks good! Is the round large end supposed to arch down? I could have sworn it was bent in shipping, but looking at the plastic lip It does look intentional

Attachments

• 143129BC-D55F-4669-AB5C-DA0B80C58E54.jpeg
    143129BC-D55F-4669-AB5C-DA0B80C58E54.jpeg
    386.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 820E7F9B-9A90-4753-A666-5FB7CF219B60.jpeg
    820E7F9B-9A90-4753-A666-5FB7CF219B60.jpeg
    489.5 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: burtinboy
whew it really took me like 3 hours (2 to figure out the first side). Doesn’t help it was in this 100+ weather in SoCal right now.. but it looks good! Is the round large end supposed to arch down? I could have sworn it was bent in shipping, but looking at the plastic lip It does look intentional
@robinj27 which socal service facility did you order from - I'm in Carlsbad and they keep moving my appointment out. Ordered in July and they have pushed me out 3 times to what they have for me now which is Sept 21

Looks great - I'm gonna do it and add a strip (led) light under the back end (behind the seats) of it.

How hard was it to remove the lower seatbelt bolt? Also any tips to reach that lower bolt?

@robinj27 which socal service facility did you order from - I'm in Carlsbad and they keep moving my appointment out. Ordered in July and they have pushed me out 3 times to what they have for me now which is Sept 21
I used the Irvine service center on barranca. The side c pillars arrived within a week but the parcel shelf is what took maybe 3 weeks and kept delaying the appointment

How hard was it to remove the lower seatbelt bolt? Also any tips to reach that lower bolt?
It’s not that hard if you remove the bottom trim, but if you want to do it without removing the bottom trim it will be quite the task since the opening to access the bolt does not line up with the bolt and so it is almost impossible to get the socket lined up unless you have specific tools.

I would recommend taking apart the bottom portion of the trunk area.. I wish i took some pictures but I was so into trying to finsh i forgot..

here is a thread on how I removed the bottom trim:

Once you remove the trim to access that panel, you need to go to the rear door area and remove the weather stripping and then you can yank the whole panel off and then be able to access the bolt easily.

This is important as you need to tighten and torque the bolt and align the seat belt anchor correctly.