Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed! Austin MY C Pillars for Parcel Shelf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just for information, I tried getting my SC/mobile service (in Canada) to install the parts (1661180-00-A, 1661181-00-A and 1641293-00-D) but they refused because it wasn't an 'approved Tesla retrofit'. So, I just installed it myself. Took a couple of hours, but the parts do work with the older style lower trim (without the full carpet). You definitely need to remove the lower trim to access the seatbelt bolt as others have mentioned. Sound doesn't seem too different to me but I still have to do more testing.

Also, the parts said Tesla TX (which I assume is from Giga Texas), but nevertheless worked with my Fremont built MYP.
You ordered parts over the counter or via app?

Just for information, I tried getting my SC/mobile service (in Canada) to install the parts (1661180-00-A, 1661181-00-A and 1641293-00-D) but they refused because it wasn't an 'approved Tesla retrofit'. So, I just installed it myself. Took a couple of hours, but the parts do work with the older style lower trim (without the full carpet). You definitely need to remove the lower trim to access the seatbelt bolt as others have mentioned. Sound doesn't seem too different to me but I still have to do more testing.

Also, the parts said Tesla TX (which I assume is from Giga Texas), but nevertheless worked with my Fremont built MYP.
Did you order parts in app to a specific SC? They would not even allow me to order the parts because it wasn't an "approved retrofit". Mind sharing how you ordered the parts in Canada?

I have a 2022 Fremont MY Performance (delivered Sept 1, 2022) and would love to order the parts for this retrofit. I have read through the entire thread and the article on Tesla North but I see conflicting information as to exactly which part numbers should be ordered. Can someone clarify the correct three part numbers?

They are extremely strict about not selling parts now at the service centers. After going through multiple scs here in Socal I finally managed to have one ordered the parts for me only to get shot down at pick up. The parts dept mgr will go out of their way not to sell these because apparently if they do they will have to provide a written explanation to the regional head on why the parts was sold. My guess it there is a supply shortage right now and they will provide their own retrofit later down the line for the other cars.

They are extremely strict about not selling parts now at the service centers. After going through multiple scs here in Socal I finally managed to have one ordered the parts for me only to get shot down at pick up. The parts dept mgr will go out of their way not to sell these because apparently if they do they will have to provide a written explanation to the regional head on why the parts was sold. My guess it there is a supply shortage right now and they will provide their own retrofit later down the line for the other cars.
Crazy....
So I had these parts on order since September.....multiple back, forth l, up and down....finally parts came in.
Went to service center to pick them up and just to make sure, I visually inspect the parts brought out. That was after I got over my giddiness that I'm finally getting this thing done. So everything looks fine except there's one part that's fully wrapped in bubble wrap and I notice that the installation on the inside of it looks awfully like the from factory installation. Long story short it is a c pillar for model Y without parcel shelf. Thankfully I checked before Before paying and walk on the way.... When the parts guy wants to try and order the correct pillar he tells me that hes blocked because there's some internal memo that he can't show me from a top that they can no longer allow this retro fit
So 3 months of waiting and A few hours of waste of time only to come up empty

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Crazy....
So I had these parts on order since September.....multiple back, forth l, up and down....finally parts came in.
Went to service center to pick them up and just to make sure, I visually inspect the parts brought out. That was after I got over my giddiness that I'm finally getting this thing done. So everything looks fine except there's one part that's fully wrapped in bubble wrap and I notice that the installation on the inside of it looks awfully like the from factory installation. Long story short it is a c pillar for model Y without parcel shelf. Thankfully I checked before Before paying and walk on the way.... When the parts guy wants to try and order the correct pillar he tells me that hes blocked because there's some internal memo that he can't show me from a top that they can no longer allow this retro fit
So 3 months of waiting and A few hours of waste of time only to come up empty
I'm very p*****. Also they change the parts on me and I asked them 6 × 2 confirm that there were the correct parts because I could not......grrrr

These are some crazy stories, sad to hear the terrible Tesla stories of just trying to get parts. Maybe it’s cause we are taking parts off of the production line. If anyone is getting the 2.0 door panels better get those too while you can cause those are coming off the production line too.