Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed Dash Panel Cover

sced06

Sep 13, 2019
Azusa
I like wood in cars but hate the light color dash in my model 3. I just installed this carbon fiber cover. Took 30 seconds and looks awesome.
20191010_192838.jpg
20191010_193803.jpg

TORQU3

Sep 6, 2018
MA
Looks pretty good! Not bad for $60. I'd be worried about that adhesive pulling off the wood veneer if you wanted to remove it.

sced06

Sep 13, 2019
Azusa
Why would I remove it? and if for some reason I did I could just cover it again or sand it and stain it like some other people have done. Not buying something that you want because you "might" want to remove it someday doesn't make much sense. If you like the wood, keep the wood, but for those like me who hated it..........

TORQU3

Sep 6, 2018
MA
Why would I remove it? and if for some reason I did I could just cover it again or sand it and stain it like some other people have done. Not buying something that you want because you "might" want to remove it someday doesn't make much sense. If you like the wood, keep the wood, but for those like me who hated it..........
You might remove it because you are trading the car in and they want it stock, or you are selling it. There are many reasons. I was just bringing up a potential issue. The wood veneer is very thin, the adhesive could pull it off. As long as you are good with that then it's all good. Worst case if you ever needed or wanted to go back to stock and it was damaged, an entire new trim piece from Tesla can't be that much. Don't worry, I've modded many cars with zero intention or care of ever going back to stock. No judgment!

BikerPeaBody

Oct 20, 2019
Virginia
off topic but how you get

off topic but how you get that blue lighting down below? is that performance model?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC