Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed New MY 2.0 Door Panels w/Trim Inserts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Part numbers for Door Panels and Trim (Wood / Aluminum) and prices:

1997295-00-A - G2H, DOOR TRIM ASY, FRONT RIGHT HAND - $275
1997294-00-A - G2H, DOOR TRIM ASY, FRONT LEFT HAND - $275
1803119-00-A - DOOR TRIM, WOOD DECOR, ASY, FRONT RIGHT HAND - $120
1803120-00-A - DOOR TRIM, WOOD DECOR, ASY, FRONT LEFT HAND - $120
1803117-00-A - DOOR TRIM, WHITE DECOR, ASY, FRONT RIGHT HAND - Don't know, probably $120
1803118-00-A - DOOR TRIM, WHITE DECOR, ASY, FRONT LEFT HAND - Don't know, probably $120
Panel comes with window switches, door open button, bolt cover, NVH Pad, and 2 clips for the tweeter.

Door Panel differences
  • Flocked inside storage
  • Has LED Ambient Light underneath the armrest, new connector, and slit to let out the light
    • Picture below
    • Hence the new part number for the 'Door Bolt Cover'
  • Door NVH Pad
    • Has a new seam going across the bottom 1/3 of the pad
    • I prefer this one, it is like a box quilted comforter where it keeps the foam better distributed
  • Door Trim Clips
    • They are green color instead of black
Notes:
  • Put aside 1 hour to do this
  • Small manufacturing improvements in the door panel itself
  • LED Ambient Light
    • My wiring harness doesn't have the connector for this light and I'm not about to buy a harness either
    • The new light connector does appear in EPC in the wiring harness pic
  • Door Trim Clips
    • Same trim clip locations and locator points as the current door panel
    • I put a video of how to take the clip apart
    • There is a brand new set that comes w/the panel
    • I did not use these ones because then I would have had to take apart each and every clip which wasn't fun so I reused the black clips
    • Make sure the door panel has the male part of the clip and the door itself has the female part... otherwise not so fun
  • Wood Door Trim looks great, but I wrapped mine since my dash was already wrapped

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 5.32.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 5.32.00 PM.png
    735.6 KB · Views: 1,204
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 5.31.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 5.31.22 PM.png
    874.9 KB · Views: 736
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 5.31.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 5.31.12 PM.png
    528.9 KB · Views: 738
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 5.30.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 5.30.54 PM.png
    923.3 KB · Views: 756
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 5.30.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 5.30.26 PM.png
    654.1 KB · Views: 951
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 5.29.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 5.29.49 PM.png
    790 KB · Views: 907
Do you have a pic of the backside of the new and old door cards side by side? I've felt taped and put sound deadening on many parts of the door card and it'd be useful to show where changes/improvements were made other than the felt door pocket.

What model year MY did you put this on, Tesla SA told me it wouldn’t fit my 2021 MYLR. Guessing it will seeing a few online posts now.
this was a Mar’22 build.

It should fit a ‘21 because they didn’t change the panels for ‘22 until Aug, and door stampings are going to be similar if not the same. Images on EPC would also have shown a different door frame if trim clip placement was different. The 2.0 panels were changed WW first then brought over to the US last and my guess is from the same manufacture as the cost to retool the stampings just for a panel refresh sounds like a waste of money.

My reasoning before buying was that I was in global manufacturing at a previous company and hard tooling capable of hundreds of thousands of shots costs a lot of money even when amortized into the product so there would be no reason for tesla to redo the door stamping tooling or trim clip placement for a surface level change.

What model year MY did you put this on, Tesla SA told me it wouldn’t fit my 2021 MYLR. Guessing it will seeing a few online posts now.
I had to fight like hell to get these put on my car. My SA (in Santa Ana, CA) ordered the parts for me, but when it came time to install, they reneged, said the parts should never have been ordered and, when I insisted, had a manager of their parts department call me and tell me that as of 11/1 Tesla changed the policy and the door panels could not be fitted because they did not match my vin (even though I ordered the parts in September). Thankfully, a kind member here (different thread - RIPmyAMG) posted his experience at a different SA in Long Beach and I reached out to them. Within two days the parts were ordered and a service appt was scheduled for me to get them installed. Out the door (including tax and installation of $72 (so cheap!) it was $996).

Long story short, don't take no for an answer. The panels will fit and you won't have any issues (except you won't get the LED illumination in the door - which, had I not know about it from this thread, I would never have even thought about it).

Feel free to DM me if you want any more details. I'm forever grateful to this forum and it's awesome users.

Reactions: EV Car
I had to fight like hell to get these put on my car. My SA (in Santa Ana, CA) ordered the parts for me, but when it came time to install, they reneged, said the parts should never have been ordered and, when I insisted, had a manager of their parts department call me and tell me that as of 11/1 Tesla changed the policy and the door panels could not be fitted because they did not match my vin (even though I ordered the parts in September). Thankfully, a kind member here (different thread - RIPmyAMG) posted his experience at a different SA in Long Beach and I reached out to them. Within two days the parts were ordered and a service appt was scheduled for me to get them installed. Out the door (including tax and installation of $72 (so cheap!) it was $996).

Long story short, don't take no for an answer. The panels will fit and you won't have any issues (except you won't get the LED illumination in the door - which, had I not know about it from this thread, I would never have even thought about it).

Feel free to DM me if you want any more details. I'm forever grateful to this forum and it's awesome users.
Thank you for the info. Would seem its a matter of finding the right SA willing to facilitate this. Any chance you can PM me the contact info to the SA in Long Beach. I have not had any luck in Nevada/NorCal so far.

Has anyone tried to supply a 2023 VIN from an online ad? Curious if they'd take that since the parts would be applicable to the VIN in that case.
I think the SC will check if the VIN is on the account you're requesting from now. I recently went to Fremont SC, and they have a separate parts dept there. Normally, I could walk in tell them the VIN and they would sell me parts. Now, they are requiring a service appointment and tied to the VIN you're requesting parts from even for the walk-ins.

I have no idea why they can't operate like legacy auto OEMs where they will sell you anything over the counter.

It appears the original part# in this thread for the G2H door panels are now:

1997295-00-B
1997294-00-B
(from EPC)

Anyone know the difference?

Also, does anyone have the updated rear door panel part # (with the soft door pockets?) EPC shows
1997296-00-A
1997297-00-A

But wanted to be certain before ordering.