Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed the Fuel Shark Device. Would like to know the opinion of my TMC friends.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't agree. If you see at the picture of the device in your post #38 you can see that actually there are no wires in the circuit and all the connections are done with metallic parts having their own resistance that is not considered in the electrical circuit that has been given in this thread. So we have already a resistive impedance that should be added to the circuit. But this is only one thing. Then this metallic parts will also have their capacitive and inductive components and so on.......
All circuits have all sorts of capacitive, inductive and resistive effects going on everywhere. That does not mean that any of those effects are significant, or even measurable. They will drown in the sea of tolerances that is a result of the components and the production process. Of course, maybe, just maybe, this circuit is made by hyperintelligent aliens that have figured out how to design a circuit using quantum entanglement or whatever, but back in the real world, Occams Razor tells us that the simpest solution is always the best one. We *know* people will scam other people to get their money. We *know* devices such as these have thus far been proven to be ineffective 100% of the time (when using double blind tests).

No offence, but I am sometimes involved in hiring engineers, and I wouldn't hire you as an EE, if I knew the persistance with which you try to defend the Fuel Shark. Curiosity is good, but not when it is debilitating.

1) I am not defending the Fuel Shark. I am only trying to understand the truth about it.
2) Distributed impedances can be significant or not. The point is if they are significant or not in the Fuel Shark.

No offence but if after all that we said in this thread you didn't understand these two points I wouldn't give you the task of hiring engineers. You have to be qualified to do such a thing and I don't think that you are.

1) I am not defending the Fuel Shark. I am only trying to understand the truth about it.
You are defending the possibility that the device works, when there is no possibility worth entertaining for more than a few seconds. Those seconds have passed.

2) Distributed impedances can be significant or not. The point is if they are significant or not in the Fuel Shark.
I am not aware of a single device the uses distributed impedances as central part of it's design. Do you have any examples? (I can think of a few that need to correct for such impedances, however. For instance, the company for which I work has made at least one device where altering the cable layout even slightly will throw the device out of whack. There are some components that need to be tuned to each specific device.)

To this concern I also would like to add that while you have a Bachelor (not even in Electronic Engineering) my Italian Degree in Electronic Engineer (also got with maximum marks) is in between a Master and a Ph. D. when compared to the American System.

So my two cents to all of you:

Raffy, you have nothing to gain by arguing. If it works for you, wonderful. If not, you will know soon enough. You asked for opinions, you received opinions. Why continue arguing about it?

The rest of you: What do you have to prove here? That you're right? <claps hands> okay. Bravo. If you're worried that if you don't argue this, someone else might come along and buy the same device, then 1) it's their money, and 2) we're at post #90 at this point. Either they're convinced or they're not. How about we all just let it go?

No one has to *win* this argument. And at this point it is just making everyone look bad. So please, just stop.

- Your 'not so friendly' moderator.

inally, it's also next to impossible for the average person to run a test that is truly scientific and without external variables. Raffy, when doing your test think about how weather and wind, elevation change, temperatures, and the drivers right foot can affect your km/L; and if your mechanic recently changed the spark plugs, that almost certainly made a difference to the car's performance.

^^^^This. It's excruciatingly hard to run a scientific test on fuel economy. I've done it, and to get an idea, here are a few of the things that must be done:

1. Two vehicles as close to identical as possible (make, model, options, mileage, etc.). Alignment and tire pressures adjusted.

2. A route that gives consistent time.

3. A way to get a measured amount of fuel to the engine.

4. A scale to weigh the fuel.

5. An agreement between the two drivers as to what to have on during the run (climate, radio, windows open, etc.)

Then when running the test.

1. Both cars are warmed up similarly.

2. Two runs required because one vehicle leads during the first run and the other leads in the second run.

3. Each run lasts until the fuel runs out and the vehicle stops.

4. It's hoped that the weather and wind direction doesn't change over the course of the day. If it does, then the test is invalid.

5. Any problems (accidents, traffic jams, etc.) during the run invalidate it.

And that's a kind of minimum. Ideally, you would repeat the two runs on different days and over different routes.

I'm definitely getting one of these for my car:

1dbd_flux_capacitor_car_charger.gif

And I'm pretty sure it's going to increase my range 15%!!

see: Flux Capacitor USB Car Charger | ThinkGeek

...too bad it won't work on a Tesla with no alternator...
I would have taken any bet that 'alternators' were going to come up in this thread, but didn't see this one coming. :eek:

And Raffy, this product proves that there is noise on the 12V channel.
Just buy one and check if your Fuel Shark makes this SoundRacer inoperable on your car...
I bet you, it won't.