TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Installed the Fuel Shark Device. Would like to know the opinion of my TMC friends.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Raffy.Roma, Nov 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I guess it depends on your definition of "modern car". I tend to think of a modern car as being 1990 and later.

2. woof

woof Fluffy Member

Let's assume for the moment that reducing noise on 12V will somehow increase the efficiency of the ICE, and thus return better MPG.

What part of the car is being effected by 12V noise where filtering would help?

What part of the car is generating the noise, and how can the noise be reduced?

Any filtering that would actually help would need to be very close to both parts (such as bypass caps: What is a Bypass Capacitor?) in order to be effective.

Seems like adding a random cap meters away from the noise source or part susceptible to such noise will have no effect.

3. DCWitt

DCWitt Member

Raffy.....you may be a great EE, but you are an even better puppeteer!

4. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

I am not English mother tongue. Is this something nice or not?

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Someone is having a little fun with you Raffy; but you pretty clearly lost the argument on this one....my suggestion is to laugh it off and move on.

6. DCWitt

DCWitt Member

Raffy,
    My comment was intended as a compliment as I had assumed you were just having some fun with us.
    Please accept my apologies.
    DCWitt

7. linkster

linkster Active Member

Nigel,

I think it's Raffy is the one who's had fun with us with over 100 posts about this most ridiculous, silly "shark" device.

8. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

I will follow your advice Nigel. For me main thing is that you Moderators know that I am in good faith.

9. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

You guys all need to quit baiting him and trying to keep him in the conversation. Please let this thread die.