Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed the swivel mount this morning...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a note 20 ultra and I can barely see the notification icons, with the phone locked, as it blocks the upper half of the screen. With phone unlocked(home screen), you cannot see any notifications. Ymmv depending on seat position and size of phone. You could put the phone on the right side to see a bit more of the phone.
Thanks

This confirms I probably won't get one. I'm pretty short so my seat is quite a bit forward which means I probably wouldn't see the phone at all.

Appreciate the answer!

View attachment 741663

I installed the 30° swivel mount on my 21 M3P and I absolutely love it. Like all the reviews/videos state, it looks like it could be from the factory and Tesla needs to implement this.

The plastic parts are a little cheap, but that doesn't detract from the aesthetics and the mount itself is damn sturdy. In fact, the swivel action seems to require more effort to turn than from what I’ve seen in the video reviews (which is a good thing).

After doing a bunch of research, I found that all the kits available look to be from the exact same manufacturer. So, the one you buy from Abstract Ocean ($259) is the same as the one from Tasmanian ($229), the same from Taptes ($184), or from Bomely on Amazon for $199.

After realizing that they are all the exact same kit, I set out to find the absolute lowest price and that was the DIBMS brand from Amazon that currently sells for $159… and with a 10% coupon currently available, I got it for $143. It arrived the next morning before I even got out of bed.

It took me about a half hour to install. The instructions are absolute crap and made no mention of the T-15 driver I needed (just throw the paper away and look at YouTube videos). The install is fairly easy as long as you take your time and watch others who've installed it first. In the end it looks great, is really solid, stays in place, and is one of my favorite mods so far. It makes me feel more like being in the cockpit of this rocket car.

View attachment 741664

View attachment 741665
I just installed this and while it looks great and works well side to side, I have a bit of up/down play (video). Do you notice anything similar? I'm pretty sure I tightened all the screws and bolts. Thanks!

I just installed this and while it looks great and works well side to side, I have a bit of up/down play (video). Do you notice anything similar? I'm pretty sure I tightened all the screws and bolts. Thanks!
I don't have this yet but I read an Amazon review where they said the same thing. They were able to fix it by adding washers to the bolt so that it would tighten better (they didn't say exactly where).

Just installed the Bomely V2 mount with 2-way swivel (left/right 30 deg, up/down 15 degree) it is fantastic, especially with the UI changes in V11, I find it much more intuitive to use and find the blind spot monitoring a little more useful. It was $199, I found the updated version looking for the original one, it was in the same Amazon listing as if it was another color option or something.

I’m happy to post a video or pics if anyone would like to see.

• Informative
Reactions: mrau
Just installed the Bomely V2 mount with 2-way swivel (left/right 30 deg, up/down 15 degree) it is fantastic, especially with the UI changes in V11, I find it much more intuitive to use and find the blind spot monitoring a little more useful. It was $199, I found the updated version looking for the original one, it was in the same Amazon listing as if it was another color option or something.

Edit: Some Pics Below
0B692CF7-66AA-42E6-B1D8-B51B63277EAC.jpeg

Attachments

• CF1B4B20-7FD5-4F2B-8B40-323F05232A25.jpeg
    CF1B4B20-7FD5-4F2B-8B40-323F05232A25.jpeg
    470.4 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: DasTasla
I got the AO one when they had a flash sale at $150. Thought I'd done well, but hats off to $20 ... and I might take a trip to Arlington TX this weekend to check it out. I'm a regular at our local Goodwill Bins lol. No seriously the stuff you fond there is AMAZING

I haven't installed yet as I'm waiting for the temps to warm up a bit. Didn't want to crack any plastic bits