Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed v8.0(2.52.36)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed v8.0(2.52.36) today:

- Update completed, checking status happened @30min, done at 40min (rather than 1hr - 40min warned).

- Release notes same as v8.0(2.50.180) & Update 2.50.114 is Fob-ulous except PUP note regarding automatic doors was not in my 2.50.114 posting with non-PUP car. So nothing new.

- Did thumb wheel reset.

- Summons not enabled, via FOB or Tesla App.

- Easter Egg working

- AP functions for steering, lane change, parallel & perpendicular parking not enabled.

- EQ & fader seems to be remembering, need more time to be sure.

- "Door Control" pop-up does not come-up with park button click as suggested by @vandacca.

- I see only 2 other installs over at ev-fw.com. I am apparently a "shadow" car for AP2, which is fine w/me.

Update.jpg IMG_1800.JPG

Thanks for the update on the update! I would have been surprised if Tesla already implemented my "Door Control" suggestion, since the request was only made a few months ago.
I have requested to make "remains unlocked at this location" available for people who keep their cars inside the garage few months ago. I am not expecting them to add it for a long while if ever.

I received 2.52.36 today and prior to that I was at v2.50.180
This morning I had a failure of firmware installation and it tried again and failed again. Upgrade did not happen and after I spoke with Support the update was scheduled again (w/o clock icon. Update happened without input or control from me, this evening between 830 pm and 11 pm. I went to car and I still have a red icon at top of display with a white exclamation point claiming I need a software upgrade. Am I required to reboot touch panel after an update?

Donno about update bug you're having. I mention doing the scroll-wheel reset after a successful install, that's just a "good practice" item that others have recommended, it's quick & easy.

If you do the reset, then what version is active? (2.52.36 or 2.50.180)

Installed v8.0(2.52.36) today:

- Update completed, checking status happened @30min, done at 40min (rather than 1hr - 40min warned).

- Release notes same as v8.0(2.50.180) & Update 2.50.114 is Fob-ulous except PUP note regarding automatic doors was not in my 2.50.114 posting with non-PUP car. So nothing new.

- Did thumb wheel reset.

- Summons not enabled, via FOB or Tesla App.

- Easter Egg working

- AP functions for steering, lane change, parallel & perpendicular parking not enabled.

- EQ & fader seems to be remembering, need more time to be sure.

- "Door Control" pop-up does not come-up with park button click as suggested by @vandacca.

- I see only 2 other installs over at ev-fw.com. I am apparently a "shadow" car for AP2, which is fine w/me.

View attachment 210067 View attachment 210068
Good to hear the Holiday Easter Egg is available. Been waiting to update.