Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed v8.0(2.52.36)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what is my version as the car is getting a clear bra done. I got it delivered on 12/28/2017 2017 P90D and I think I already had that automatic door loaded on the car when I picked up. Glad to hear that the EQ settings seems to be fixed. I haven't seen any update on my phone yet. Vin is 34xxx

OP quick question for you I have noticed on you signature you have 20" wheels but on your screen I see black 22"s is that correct?

Not sure what is my version as the car is getting a clear bra done. I got it delivered on 12/28/2017 2017 P90D and I think I already had that automatic door loaded on the car when I picked up. Glad to hear that the EQ settings seems to be fixed. I haven't seen any update on my phone yet. Vin is 34xxx

OP quick question for you I have noticed on you signature you have 20" wheels but on your screen I see black 22"s is that correct?
Ya, took delivery with 22" because SC was too busy (end of year), and been skiing twice, but 20" was my purchase and they swap in this week.

Reactions: leletyM3
Bought inventory car, that was for marketing and test drives, it had only 28 miles & 1 test drive when I then drove it, bought it sameday. Config was fine except I wanted 20" for range, ride reliability & wear.

Nice! So I guess they agreed to change the wheels to 20's and take off $5500. I wanted the P100D and couldn't change my P90D anymore and was offered an inventory car but options and color was not I wanted so kept my custom P90D, I am good for local driving and daily runs but for longer trips the 100kw will surely comes handy!

I have requested to make "remains unlocked at this location" available for people who keep their cars inside the garage few months ago. I am not expecting them to add it for a long while if ever.

I like the idea, at least in theory. The question I have is whether it would be accurate enough to know to leave my car unlocked when in the garage, yet lock it when it's in the driveway right outside of the garage door. Other hardware I have that uses geolocation for lock status, such as my cell phone's ability to remain unlocked in my house, use an area many times bigger than my garage.

I have a three car garage. The difference in distance between space one and three is far greater than the difference in distance between space one and the space in the driveway right outside the garage door.

Considering that I almost always have my fob with me when I enter the car, I don't see a major advantage of the car remaining unlocked in the garage, but I'm not thrilled with the car unlocking and presenting handles every time I walk through the garage. There are issues to address but I don't see a trivial solution.

I like the idea, at least in theory. The question I have is whether it would be accurate enough to know to leave my car unlocked when in the garage, yet lock it when it's in the driveway right outside of the garage door. Other hardware I have that uses geolocation for lock status, such as my cell phone's ability to remain unlocked in my house, use an area many times bigger than my garage.

I have a three car garage. The difference in distance between space one and three is far greater than the difference in distance between space one and the space in the driveway right outside the garage door.

Considering that I almost always have my fob with me when I enter the car, I don't see a major advantage of the car remaining unlocked in the garage, but I'm not thrilled with the car unlocking and presenting handles every time I walk through the garage. There are issues to address but I don't see a trivial solution.
It's quite simple. If you want the car locked on your driveway you just lock it manually and it should remain locked.

Keeping the car unlocked is more convenient as my wife sometimes needs to put/take stuff in/from the car. She'd always have to take her purse with her, and only if she remembers to.

Simple: Use the roof ultrasonic distance sensor as a flag for whether you're in the garage or the driveway. If your driveway has a carport it's trickier but maybe the height difference would still work as a differentiator.