Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed winter tires shows tire pressure monitoring system fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

I had new winter tires installed on new rims with new tire pressure monitors (at Kal Tire).
The sensors are 33500 TPM EZ-sensor.
After driving for half an hour and going onto the highway I got the message below.

Does anybody have a similar experience or know how to fix this issue? Thanks

Attachments

• 2552E3CD-DA73-49C3-9286-CE474107E92E.jpeg
    2552E3CD-DA73-49C3-9286-CE474107E92E.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 217
I am using dual frequency autel sensors on mine without issue. They perhaps didn't properly program or initialize the sensors. The car will detect the new sensors after an inconsistent amount of time. If you are getting that error it means it can't detect one or more of the sensors. Try resetting the wheel configuration and you may actually get a reading on 1 or more of the sensors...I had one dead one on my new wheel set and it wouldn't show any pressures unless I reset the wheel configuration to something different. If I changed the wheel configuration it would show three of the pressures. Replaced the one TPMS sensor that wouldn't show and problem solved...no more errors.

I’m having same error with my new winter (3rd party) package on an M3
Performance. Drove all weekend, tried TPMS / wheel config reset and nothing removes the error.

Is there any confirmation on the single frequency sensor resolving issue?

Thank you in advance for any help!
Nahid