Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installer recommendation in NE Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to need some wiring done on my soon-to-be Model X here in north Florida and wondered if I could get a recommendation for an installer with Tesla experience. I want to run some power to my cell phone mount location and also tap into the rearview mirror auto dimming for power to my Valentine One. I worry that someone not experienced with Tesla might screw up something, especially the tap for the V1, since the autopilot camera is in that rearview mirror housing.

Has anyone had this type of work done in the Jacksonville or Gainesville area, or even Ocala, with good results?

I didn't find anyone in the Orlando area that fit the bill regarding experience on Teslas. I know it's even further from you but I ended up having my Blackvue installed at Sound Waves in Tampa and they did an amazing job with the wiring and install. They were very quick and the price was reasonable. They have quite a bit of experience doing Teslas.

In Jacksonville Area, I don't think anyone has that kind experience. Orlando or Tampa might be your best option, as you don't want inexperience guys touching Tesla. Did you contact Jacksonville Service Center? May be they can do it for you.... Good Luck.

In Jacksonville Area, I don't think anyone has that kind experience. Orlando or Tampa might be your best option, as you don't want inexperience guys touching Tesla. Did you contact Jacksonville Service Center? May be they can do it for you.... Good Luck.
Yes, I asked the SC, but they said they can't do any work that modifies the Tesla. And all I asked was if they could tap the rear mirror dimming with about 4 inches of cable.

I didn't find anyone in the Orlando area that fit the bill regarding experience on Teslas. I know it's even further from you but I ended up having my Blackvue installed at Sound Waves in Tampa and they did an amazing job with the wiring and install. They were very quick and the price was reasonable. They have quite a bit of experience doing Teslas.
Thanks for the reference, @travis010. I was hoping I could find someone in Jacksonville, but if I can't, Tampa could work. I do have friends in Clearwater, and could combine a visit with getting the work done.

Thanks for the reference, @travis010. I was hoping I could find someone in Jacksonville, but if I can't, Tampa could work. I do have friends in Clearwater, and could combine a visit with getting the work done.

Sound Waves is great. They are right down the road from the Brandon super charger and did an amazing job with my dash cam install. I provided the two channel blackvue camera and rear camera and they handled the rest. The cables were located in the original windshield channel and it looks great!