Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing 2019.40.50.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you checked which bugs specifically this latest update fixes? I was still having very inconsistent results yesterday with the voice commands (most useful new feature in my view) after installing .40.50.5
Some voice commands were working finally. I could turn seat heaters off and on and consistently open the glovebox, but it simply refused to understand any permutation of words asking it to show the rear view camera. I couldn't even blame it on my Scottish accent as it rendered the words I was saying perfectly on the screen - it just stated that this command was not recognised. Very strange as this 'show camera' command has been widely demonstrated on YouTube videos by others. I already tried rebooting and disconnecting the drive I use for Sentry mode, which some people have claimed solved the voice command recognition problems, but didn't work for me.
Will test .40.50.7 later and report back

As this is the UK&I forum would it be possible for people to also include their car, we don’t all have Model 3’s and it would be useful to know if any S and X has also had updates.
Summary from teslaFi - UK instals of 2019.40.50.7

hhkij.png

Has anyone else experienced this - driving on M6 Birmingham / Warwickshire I had sudden phantom braking whilst on TACC noticing that Max speed had suddenly changed from 70MPH to 50MPH, would have been very welcome if I was entering a 50 zone, but that was another 5/10 miles further. Then when in the 50 zone it happened again, this time down to 30 MPH. I’m on 2019.40.50.1.

I wouldn't call that phantom braking - you know the reason why the car braked (limit change, even though it is hit and miss whether the car obeys), what you don't know is why speed limit changed.

imho, phantom braking is sudden significant braking for no obvious reason.

As for your question, last Saturday I did Warrington to Warwick services on 2019.40.50.1 using mix of TACC (in the roadworks) and NoA and no speed changes other than dialed in by myself using scroll wheel before entering changes in speed limits.

Has anyone else experienced this - driving on M6 Birmingham / Warwickshire I had sudden phantom braking whilst on TACC noticing that Max speed had suddenly changed from 70MPH to 50MPH, would have been very welcome if I was entering a 50 zone, but that was another 5/10 miles further. Then when in the 50 zone it happened again, this time down to 30 MPH. I’m on 2019.40.50.1.
Sounds like bad maps, or bad GPS location thinking you were on a parallel side street maybe. I get the same on the A1(M) but that’s due to roadworks realigning the motorway and Tesla maps not uptodate, so it thinks I’m on a parallel farm track.