TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Installing 2019.40.50.7

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Tonybvi, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Tonybvi

Tonybvi Member

Above update now installing! Presumably just more bug fixes.

2. drewpost

drewpost Member

Yup. No new notes. I’ve had .1 .5 and now .7 - the last two have been bug fixes

3. Strategium

Strategium Member

Have you checked which bugs specifically this latest update fixes? I was still having very inconsistent results yesterday with the voice commands (most useful new feature in my view) after installing .40.50.5
    Some voice commands were working finally. I could turn seat heaters off and on and consistently open the glovebox, but it simply refused to understand any permutation of words asking it to show the rear view camera. I couldn't even blame it on my Scottish accent as it rendered the words I was saying perfectly on the screen - it just stated that this command was not recognised. Very strange as this 'show camera' command has been widely demonstrated on YouTube videos by others. I already tried rebooting and disconnecting the drive I use for Sentry mode, which some people have claimed solved the voice command recognition problems, but didn't work for me.
    Will test .40.50.7 later and report back

4. spon88

spon88 Member

Still on 50.1 here, have most got .5 now or do you think they're holding of on a major deployment until a lot of the issues are fixed?

5. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Member

.1 and .5 are at ~30% each. .7 is 10%. There's quite a spread possibly due to the number of people on holiday and not in reach of their usual wifi.

6. Tonybvi

Tonybvi Member

I went straight from .1 to .7 without getting .5!

• Like x 2
  7. rotor2k

rotor2k Member

That's interesting... I assumed you had to go through every single update.

8. spon88

spon88 Member

Thanks for that. I suspect it'll be along shortly. I think I'd rather wait for a few days rather than keep testing and being disappointed

9. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

As this is the UK&I forum would it be possible for people to also include their car, we don’t all have Model 3’s and it would be useful to know if any S and X has also had updates.

• Like x 1
  10. Tonybvi

Tonybvi Member

My signature states I have an MX!

11. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

Summary from teslaFi - UK instals of 2019.40.50.7

[​IMG]

12. Sixer

Sixer Member

Looking forward to receiving this update. I can constantly get the screen to reboot just by clicking on my phone contact list and sorting by first name. Lesson - don’t press it

• Like x 1
  13. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

Worth also reiterating that whilst signature does not display in portrait modes on many small devices, it should show in landscape mode.

• Like x 1
  14. Phil1710

Phil1710 Member

2019.40.50.7 model S performance 2019

no voice command are working, not even “call” image.jpg

• Informative x 3
  15. VanillaAir_UK

Voice uses servers and servers having problems at moment - may or may not be related, just saying.

• Like x 1
  16. Lx2m3

Lx2m3 Member

Has anyone else experienced this - driving on M6 Birmingham / Warwickshire I had sudden phantom braking whilst on TACC noticing that Max speed had suddenly changed from 70MPH to 50MPH, would have been very welcome if I was entering a 50 zone, but that was another 5/10 miles further. Then when in the 50 zone it happened again, this time down to 30 MPH. I’m on 2019.40.50.1.

17. VanillaAir_UK

I wouldn't call that phantom braking - you know the reason why the car braked (limit change, even though it is hit and miss whether the car obeys), what you don't know is why speed limit changed.

imho, phantom braking is sudden significant braking for no obvious reason.

As for your question, last Saturday I did Warrington to Warwick services on 2019.40.50.1 using mix of TACC (in the roadworks) and NoA and no speed changes other than dialed in by myself using scroll wheel before entering changes in speed limits.

18. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

Sounds like bad maps, or bad GPS location thinking you were on a parallel side street maybe. I get the same on the A1(M) but that’s due to roadworks realigning the motorway and Tesla maps not uptodate, so it thinks I’m on a parallel farm track.

19. Oddis40

Oddis40 New Member

I just updated from 2019.40.50.1 to 2019.40.50.7 I will try it to morrow.

20. kkillebrew

kkillebrew Banned

I made the original post and my car type is in the signature