Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing a Instrument Cluster Dashboard Displayer mickey mouse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are able to, it would be nice to add the Time and Temperature on the left (or middle) display.
Now it shows an image of the car, which is pretty useless :p
Very happy with this screen, in my opinion Time and Temperature is the only thing missing on the displays.

I'm not sure I can change functionality, I'll have to look at the format. I'm going to start out by changing graphics by using a replacement binary blob.

I got this directly from TopFit, I'm pretty sure I have the latest firmware but would someone mind sending it to me? I'm going to try to modify it to fix a few things:
1. Speed limit icon is European style not US
2. The car graphic only shows the pre-refresh chrome trim
3. The background color isn't the same hue of white as the Tesla display which I think is distracting
FYI - I found the following resource months ago on this file structure. It was the only resource I could find written in English.

Nah. It's a little worse here. Plenty of posters make good points yet you see others downvoting them for no good reason other than they are being critical of Tesla for some of their cost cutting, curious UI choices, and spotty build quality which are legit reasons to speak out against the brand. The Tesla community has a well earned reputation for a reason. There does seem to be plenty of level headed posters here but the fanboys are maybe the worst I have seen outside of Ford forums maybe as the blue oval fans are pretty bad.
You've obviously never been on a Disney chat board. I've seen MAJOR flame wars over the painting of trash cans. Friggin' insane

• Funny
Reactions: heavyD and lUtriaNt
Because this is how most Tesla owners are. Snobby, entitled, and think their opinion is be all end all. People think the minimalistic is for design purposes. News flash, it was to save money….

I would definitely add gauges or a hud to this car if it doesn’t block vents and won’t be rendered useless with a software update.
Wouldn't it be cool if Telsa allowed for API access over bluetooth or wifi?

Translation. It would be really easy to allow for 3rd party hardware, such as this display, to operate if there was an easy way to do it in a wireless manner.

Translation. It would be really easy to allow for 3rd party hardware, such as this display, to operate if there was an easy way to do it in a wireless manner.
Yeah, cuz this wouldn't allow for people to really screw things up. And open a huge window for nefarious agents to hack into your car.

No thank you: really bad idea.

...and another newbie, not cleared for PMs yet but desperate to get the latest firmware update. If anyone could help me out, it would be MUCH appreciated.
I actually got my Model 3 in November 21, then bought the Topfit Head-Up display via Amazon. Unfortunately it came with an older firmware on it.

Someone could make a an adapter attached to a y cable that then streams it to bluetooth. Might be some lag and you would need security.

Someone could make a an adapter attached to a y cable that then streams it to bluetooth. Might be some lag and you would need security.
I think you have to create a custom adapter for this. Wireless adapters seem to be tied to a specific protocol. I've seen HDMI, USB, and there's even CANBUS adaptors but this is unique.

There was a kickstarter that produced a wired to wireless android auto called AAwireless, it's basically a mini computer with custom code and took a few years to be produced. It's selling for $85 and that's at scale. This kind of adapter would be far less popular.

Since last update from Tesla, the cluster/display is showing the High Beam symbol (while it is not on):
1663434495321.png

Do you you guys have this also and maybe a way to fix it?

Since last update from Tesla, the cluster/display is showing the High Beam symbol (while it is not on):
View attachment 853625

Do you you guys have this also and maybe a way to fix it?

Haven't seen that yet, but I'm not on latest Tesla software. Would be worth asking your vendor for updated firmware for the device.

Latest version I've got is 20211103.

Thanks for the heads up- I think I'll defer any future Tesla updates. All they seem to do now is jack around with the UI and make it wose. Changing the icons is always the sign of being completely out of ideas.

Hello friends
I'm new unable to send private messages.
Can someone send me the latest topfit carda HUD FW upgrade file?.
It's always ON and light indicator are stuck on ON.

Appreciate your help
PM me your e-mail address and I’ll send you the file. It’s rather large (30mb)
Hello friend

I'm new unable to send private messages.

Can you please send me the latest topfit carda HUD FW upgrade file?.

It's always ON and light indicator are stuck on ON.

Appreciate your help 🙏

Got the latest version from the seller, which is 20221015, this fixed the issue with the High Beam symbol.
You can download it here (link is still 6 days valid):

Changelog:

V1.4.26.101501R
1. Modify the lamp CAN protocol (the lamp protocol change after Tesla OTA)

V1.4.25.1103Y
Test version, test whether some machines still have a black screen when they start

update content:
V1.4.25.01030
1. Fix the problem that the screen lights up occasionally after locking the car

update content:
V1.4.25.01007R
1. Fix the problem that the instrument does not turn off the screen after the car is locked when the original car system is upgraded to V10.2 (2021.32.21)

update content:
V1.4.25.0812R
1. Modify the key logic of entering the setting interface to prevent pressing the voice wake-up key to enter the setting interface
2. Modify the day and night mode settings in the settings interface, the auto option cannot be saved

Reactions: JHCCAZ
Did you manage to do the upgrade ? I downloaded the software , tried 3 different usb sticks and 2 different usb-c to usb-a convertors (also the one the came with the Topfit.. all formatted fat32 and the 2 files in the root...

I go trough the menu and select upgrade (like manual) , system only reboots no upgrade or CLI running to show update... Also took picture of the current running version... it's not upgrading....

I tried to do right first, later i tried doing left first ... both usb-c slots no joy.... I even reset the tesla (2 thumb wheels down and 2 minute reboot) .. no joy....

any tips ??

Did you manage to do the upgrade ? I downloaded the software , tried 3 different usb sticks and 2 different usb-c to usb-a convertors (also the one the came with the Topfit.. all formatted fat32 and the 2 files in the root...

I go trough the menu and select upgrade (like manual) , system only reboots no upgrade or CLI running to show update... Also took picture of the current running version... it's not upgrading....

I tried to do right first, later i tried doing left first ... both usb-c slots no joy.... I even reset the tesla (2 thumb wheels down and 2 minute reboot) .. no joy....

any tips ??