Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing a Instrument Cluster Dashboard Displayer mickey mouse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I don't really understand how all these chinese stores work on Amazon. They all sell the same thing, that is clearly actually made by someone else.

The logo on the device itself is 'carda', but I've never seen a store with that name anywhere.

I bought mine from Amazon, from the BMZX store, because at that moment, the Topfit store was out. They seem to go in and out of stock periodically. There are another 3 stores at least on Amazon with random text names that are likely just chinese distributors.

We think that Topfit is the manufacture, but honestly there is no way to know that I can see. They did have the updated firmware for Shiva, and my contact with BMZX was not particularly impressive, but I think you should expect limited to zero support from any of these people.

However, the box that I got had already been opened, but the device did not look like it had ever been used. I think what happened there is they opened the box to update the firmware before they sent it out. No idea if this happened at BMZX or elsewhere, but clearly not from the original manufacture, or they would have resealed it. The firmware distribution is cheese-wiz, it's some google drive, not off of topfit's web site for example. Doesn't really bother me, mine did not need updating, and the nature of the device is that I don't expect to need to update ever- unless Tesla breaks the canbus codes, which is not likely.

I'd say the Topfit store itself is a safer bet. We know for sure they don't want to exit the market any time soon, the Tesla stuff has to be a winner for them. The others like BMZX seem like fly by nite operations to me.

If you want to be a little more daring and save a couple of hundred bucks, you can by these directly off alibaba. That's where all these amazon stores get their product anyway.

Edit: As a quick status- the device is still working terrific, and I still really like it and the simplicity of the cluster. No regrets. It's also worth noting that I've done two Tesla updates to 2021.12.25.7 and just now to 2021.24.4 and the device is still working fine after those.

Hi I have the same problem with the topfit Screen, is Always ON, only sleep when the car is not plugged to charger and is sentry mode is OFF, when Sentry mode is ON the topfit screen is ON too. Finally you fix this bug? Where to download new updates for this carda topfit screen?

Thanks

Hi I have the same problem with the topfit Screen, is Always ON, only sleep when the car is not plugged to charger and is sentry mode is OFF, when Sentry mode is ON the topfit screen is ON too. Finally you fix this bug? Where to download new updates for this carda topfit screen?

Thanks

I just tested this when out today, and my Topfit screen is not on when Sentry Mode is enabled. And I tested Sentry Mode by trying to open the car, and it came up and recorded a clip, but the Topfit screen was still off the whole time.

The only time I see it stay on is when the car is plugged into the charger. As long as it's plugged in the display is on. I decided this was not really a problem for me, it's just a little odd. I was worried about screen burn-in on the Topfit being left on, but the display is just a high DPI LCD not OLED, so it's not going to get burn-in.

Check your version number for the firmware in the UI, by doing the right arrow on the right thumbwheel. My version is: HMI_V1.3.25.0328R and MCU_SW_V2.3.4. See if you have the same version. As far as I know, this is the latest version. You can ask for latest firmware from the XMGE store support. It doesn't seem likely that Topfit/XMGE is actually Carda, but who knows. This is the only contact info we have, and Shiva on YouTube contacted them earlier as well. The version he has posted on his video is actually an older version now, I checked when I did my install. They distribute the firmware via Google Drive links, there is no web page like there ought to be.

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ
I just tested this when out today, and my Topfit screen is not on when Sentry Mode is enabled. And I tested Sentry Mode by trying to open the car, and it came up and recorded a clip, but the Topfit screen was still off the whole time.

The only time I see it stay on is when the car is plugged into the charger. As long as it's plugged in the display is on. I decided this was not really a problem for me, it's just a little odd. I was worried about screen burn-in on the Topfit being left on, but the display is just a high DPI LCD not OLED, so it's not going to get burn-in.

Check your version number for the firmware in the UI, by doing the right arrow on the right thumbwheel. My version is: HMI_V1.3.25.0328R and MCU_SW_V2.3.4. See if you have the same version. As far as I know, this is the latest version. You can ask for latest firmware from the XMGE store support. It doesn't seem likely that Topfit/XMGE is actually Carda, but who knows. This is the only contact info we have, and Shiva on YouTube contacted them earlier as well. The version he has posted on his video is actually an older version now, I checked when I did my install. They distribute the firmware via Google Drive links, there is no web page like there ought to be.
Thanks for answer version of screen and firmware photo attached.

And my car is model 3 performance 2020 with version 2021.32.21.

And in my case, the screen is always ON, when is plugged in the charger, when is parked and sentry mode ON. Only is switched off when is without charger and sentry mode OFF.

In my case with my use is always ON, have some email to XMGE support?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7714.jpeg
    IMG_7714.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 267
Thanks for answer version of screen and firmware photo attached.

And my car is model 3 performance 2020 with version 2021.32.21.

And in my case, the screen is always ON, when is plugged in the charger, when is parked and sentry mode ON. Only is switched off when is without charger and sentry mode OFF.

In my case with my use is always ON, have some email to XMGE support?

Thanks

Interesting. You look to have an even newer version of the firmware. So maybe that was an introduced bug? If I'm understanding you correctly, you also have the screen on when just Sentry Mode is On, no charger. I'd agree that is less than ideal, although any power drain will be undetectable relative to the hog that Sentry Mode already is. Also possible the 2021.32.21 changed it, but less likely.

The XMGE support was off the Amazon web page, where it gives info on the company. It's a messaging system that goes through Amazon itself.

Interesting. You look to have an even newer version of the firmware. So maybe that was an introduced bug? If I'm understanding you correctly, you also have the screen on when just Sentry Mode is On, no charger. I'd agree that is less than ideal, although any power drain will be undetectable relative to the hog that Sentry Mode already is. Also possible the 2021.32.21 changed it, but less likely.

The XMGE support was off the Amazon web page, where it gives info on the company. It's a messaging system that goes through Amazon itself.

Ok Friend

I talked with XMGE Amazon support and tell me is in process to update the firmware of topfit Screen.

You can check when your car firmware update to version 2021.32.21 if works well and power off topfit screen when is parked at street and sentry mode is ON.

Thanks

Ok Friend

I talked with XMGE Amazon support and tell me is in process to update the firmware of topfit Screen.

You can check when your car firmware update to version 2021.32.21 if works well and power off topfit screen when is parked at street and sentry mode is ON.

Thanks

Just got updated to the 2021.32.21 version of Tesla software, and I have the same results that you do. So it's the Tesla update, not the Topfit update.

Now the display is always on, even when car is sleeping. Plugged or unplugged. However, I also get the same result you do, if I disable Sentry Mode, then it will turn off the Topfit display too. If Sentry Mode is enabled, but the checkbox for ignore at home is on, it still stays on. Strange bug.

Doesn't affect my vampire drain. I checked it using TeslaFi, and there is no measurable difference with it always on. Kind of annoying, but not really a problem for me.

I've contacted my Amazon seller to get new firmware, and will also report back if we get a fix.

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ
Just got updated to the 2021.32.21 version of Tesla software, and I have the same results that you do. So it's the Tesla update, not the Topfit update.

Now the display is always on, even when car is sleeping. Plugged or unplugged. However, I also get the same result you do, if I disable Sentry Mode, then it will turn off the Topfit display too. If Sentry Mode is enabled, but the checkbox for ignore at home is on, it still stays on. Strange bug.

Doesn't affect my vampire drain. I checked it using TeslaFi, and there is no measurable difference with it always on. Kind of annoying, but not really a problem for me.

I've contacted my Amazon seller to get new firmware, and will also report back if we get a fix.
I had the same issue with mine that I purchased off Amazon from BMZW. However, my vampire drain has been much larger ever since updating to 2021.32.21. You can see in the two screenshots that the past 7 days have had small stints of sleep with a period of waking up almost on a routine schedule. THe other screenshot shows the past 30 days and you can see the distinct difference once I installed the new Tesla software. Seeing as my car sit around sometimes for a week or so, not plugged in, this is not the best news for me.

Attachments

• 8BEDF379-EA87-4BDA-8F4D-0554C06A401D.jpeg
    8BEDF379-EA87-4BDA-8F4D-0554C06A401D.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 17E7E382-EAEF-4CAA-B171-73CB901BFF7A.jpeg
    17E7E382-EAEF-4CAA-B171-73CB901BFF7A.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 114
So BMZX just replied to my e-mail with what appears to be updated firmware.

The release notes say the following:

Upgrade note:
V1.4.25.01007R
1. Fixed a bug, the dashboard can not shut down the screen while TESLA update to V10.2 (2021.32.21) .

Upgrade note:
V1.4.25.0812R
1. Charged the operation logic to open the Setting Interface, to avoid openning the speech recognition system at the same time.
2. Fixed a bug, while display mode was selected as AUTO can not save in memorry.

Apparently I can’t attach the updated file they sent to this message, so PM me if you would like it.

I had the same issue with mine that I purchased off Amazon from BMZW. However, my vampire drain has been much larger ever since updating to 2021.32.21. You can see in the two screenshots that the past 7 days have had small stints of sleep with a period of waking up almost on a routine schedule. THe other screenshot shows the past 30 days and you can see the distinct difference once I installed the new Tesla software. Seeing as my car sit around sometimes for a week or so, not plugged in, this is not the best news for me.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing that. I had the same effect from update to 2021.32.21, after I rebooted. It would no longer properly go to sleep, and was having normal sentry mode type drain. I think this was a Tesla problem, unrelated to the Topfit display, because I don't think the Topfit ever injects anything into the Canbus to do anything. I'm not certain, but I believe that it is read-only. Hard to know, but I think this sleep problem was introduced by the Tesla software and my doing a reboot.

After some fooling with settings, including disabling sentry mode using the phone app, my car has been back to normal operation, even as the Topfit display is stuck always on. After my fooling around with settings, it remains on, even with Sentry Mode turned off in car.

Last edited:
Just following up to what @Airforcebj has noted. Got new version of firmware from BMZW. Looks like an Oct 8 build, and once flashed to the device it shows up as HMI_V1.4.25.11009Y.

This fixed the problem for device and car. Now it's actually a bit better than it was before, as the display goes dark upon door close, not just car sleep.

In my case, I think that my car not being able to sleep was an artifact of the Tesla update, not the TopFit itself. I found another link online with similar behavior where after the 2021.32.21 update Sentry Mode got stuck on, even when at home. TeslaFi reported Sentry Mode as enabled, even though the UI said it was off. So... Tesla. You know that software QA is job none. After getting Sentry Mode actually off, via the iPhone app of all things, then the car was back to sleeping normally. Wakes up once a day for 10 minutes to check in, and charge the 12V, and that's it.

Also I checked my power consumption in TeslaFi, via their phantom battery drain, and it's the same as it has been before the update, losing around 0.05 m/h. 0.5 to 1 mile lost per day. Not materially different from before.

So far at least, a good experience with the display maker. We had a problem and they resolved it in a timely fashion. That's all I can really ask.

There is one odd behavior though after the update, and I'm asking about it still. After this update, the Carda logo itself remains lit, even after the car sleeps. Even less power draw, but it's a bit sloppy coding to turn off the displays and forget to turn off the logo. Assuming they respond, I'll update here.

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ and Leeroy
Just following up to what @Airforcebj has noted. Got new version of firmware from BMZW. Looks like an Oct 8 build, and once flashed to the device it shows up as HMI_V1.4.25.11009Y.

This fixed the problem for device and car. Now it's actually a bit better than it was before, as the display goes dark upon door close, not just car sleep.

In my case, I think that my car not being able to sleep was an artifact of the Tesla update, not the TopFit itself. I found another link online with similar behavior where after the 2021.32.21 update Sentry Mode got stuck on, even when at home. TeslaFi reported Sentry Mode as enabled, even though the UI said it was off. So... Tesla. You know that software QA is job none. After getting Sentry Mode actually off, via the iPhone app of all things, then the car was back to sleeping normally. Wakes up once a day for 10 minutes to check in, and charge the 12V, and that's it.

Also I checked my power consumption in TeslaFi, via their phantom battery drain, and it's the same as it has been before the update, losing around 0.05 m/h. 0.5 to 1 mile lost per day. Not materially different from before.

So far at least, a good experience with the display maker. We had a problem and they resolved it in a timely fashion. That's all I can really ask.

There is one odd behavior though after the update, and I'm asking about it still. After this update, the Carda logo itself remains lit, even after the car sleeps. Even less power draw, but it's a bit sloppy coding to turn off the displays and forget to turn off the logo. Assuming they respond, I'll update here.
Thanks for the update, very informative .

One Improvement that I've been hoping for is for an indication that distinguishes TACC from Autosteer mode. As I understand it, they both showed the same two car rdndering with the following distance number between them. Is this still true in your latest version?

Since I installed the update, like @bo3bdar said, my car ha been back To normal. It’s been sleeping like a baby, and not waking at all. It does still have the lit logo like he mentioned. Top fit “said” that they would update the firmware every time there is a Tesla Update…but we will see how that goes.

So BMZX just replied to my e-mail with what appears to be updated firmware.

The release notes say the following:

Upgrade note:
V1.4.25.01007R
1. Fixed a bug, the dashboard can not shut down the screen while TESLA update to V10.2 (2021.32.21) .

Upgrade note:
V1.4.25.0812R
1. Charged the operation logic to open the Setting Interface, to avoid openning the speech recognition system at the same time.
2. Fixed a bug, while display mode was selected as AUTO can not save in memorry.

Apparently I can’t attach the updated file they sent to this message, so PM me if you would like it.
Where did you get the firmware upgrade? I bought mine directly from the topfit website and they haven't answered any of my emails about receiving the latest firmware.

Jon

Where did you get the firmware upgrade? I bought mine directly from the topfit website and they haven't answered any of my emails about receiving the latest firmware.

Jon

I got mine from BMZX store on Amazon. You can contact them on the Amazon sellers page using a built in Amazon contact mechanism.

Same thing works for the Topfit seller of XMGE:

I'm not sure why Topfit wouldn't respond from website, that seems better than the Amazon, but all these chinese sellers seem disorganized and shoddy to me.

Probably best to get it from them, but if you can't get a response, let us know and we can provide the files.

I sent him the file earlier today. Hopefully that works for him.

Have you noticed a flicker on the screen when driving? I think they added a new bug on this update where it will flash/blank the screen when I first start driving. Only seems to do it once for each drive, not all the time.
Hi bo3bdar - I just got the model bra topfit screen and wanted to try to update it. Would it be at all possible to PM me a link?