Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing a NEMO 14-50 outlet advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no electrical background but was hoping to do this on my own.

Be aware that while many homeowners are do-it-yourself guys, the complicating factor with electrical work is the code compliance and the national and local requirements.

In most jurisdictions, it is actually required that you have a permit to do electrical work that permanently changes the electrical plans of the building, and it is required that work then be inspected and signed off by a city inspector.

If you don't do this, you can get yourself in a bind with your homeowner's insurance. Hypothetically, if your house had an electrical fire, your homeowner's insurance claim may be denied by the insurance carrier if there were electrical modifications to the house and there was no permit and inspection.

Given that you already have the breaker and wiring, I don't think it would be too expensive to have a licensed electrician do the work in accordance with local and national codes that includes permit and inspection.