Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing a new reverse camera for Tesla S model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just found that my reverse camera looks like it has been smashed and visibility is reduced to nothing. This has only happened in the past couple of days. I have never hit anything, and looking a the placement of the camera, I could not imagine anything has hit it without damaging another part of the boot. Very strange, however, I wondered if anyone has had to replace one of these, and how easy/difficult it would be to do. Or is it a job for Tesla workshop?

I have just found that my reverse camera looks like it has been smashed and visibility is reduced to nothing. This has only happened in the past couple of days. I have never hit anything, and looking a the placement of the camera, I could not imagine anything has hit it without damaging another part of the boot. Very strange, however, I wondered if anyone has had to replace one of these, and how easy/difficult it would be to do. Or is it a job for Tesla workshop?

I had the same experience and the Service Center accepted to replace it under warranty. Needless to say, I was extremely pleased!