Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing as I type 56 panels.. Does not take as much space as I thought it would.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-10-13_14-57-28.png

upload_2020-10-13_14-58-39.png

upload_2020-10-13_14-58-58.png

upload_2020-10-13_14-59-55.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-13_14-57-2.png
    upload_2020-10-13_14-57-2.png
    728 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: willow_hiller
Congrats. We have 63 panels and probably room for another dozen or so. ;) Due to WFH, we're producing more than we need and now have a 5600 kWh surplus so far this year. We won't be allowed to expand our system any time soon...but there's still room!

This is the point where you set up your own black market power company and sell to your neighbors below your utility rate. ;)

"Pssstt. Hey neighbor. Want to buy some kWh, cheap?"

This is the point where you set up your own black market power company and sell to your neighbors below your utility rate. ;)

"Pssstt. Hey neighbor. Want to buy some kWh, cheap?"
Actually, during a recent multi-day outage in June, we were able to run an extension cord to the neighbor's house to keep their refrigerator running. It was plugged into a Kil-a-watt so I could monitor how much they used but it didn't amount to much. After that they did express interest in getting solar. :)

Reactions: Electrph
Actually, during a recent multi-day outage in June, we were able to run an extension cord to the neighbor's house to keep their refrigerator running. It was plugged into a Kil-a-watt so I could monitor how much they used but it didn't amount to much. After that they did express interest in getting solar. :)
What rate do you charge your neighbors? I bet you are cheaper than the Power company. And you probably take payment in baked goods. :)