Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing Nose Camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How to install a "wireless" backup camera and monitor system on front license plate holder of 2021 model S to see curbs at the heads of parking spots. Camera and monitor both need 12 v. D.C. (on only when operating car). How to gain access? Where is/are suitable power source(s)? Wiring? Can someone direct me to previous posts or information? Thanks!

There is a thread here somewhere.

People were buying and installing a back camera on the front and someone created a switcher to go between the back and front camera. I believe it was triggered by homelink.

Regarding 12v access, that has also been discussed. I’ll try to find a thread. But your 2021 maybe different.

Reactions: RNHurt
Thanks for all the replies. Bought and installed the Solar Wireless Camera suggested by hikerockies. Camera stays charged "forever". VERY vulnerable on front lisence plate. Needed to extend camera forward and down to see curb. Running monitor from +12 cigarette socket. After timing out at 1 minute, residual current in "sleep" is 75 mA. Solved problem.

Bob

Reactions: RNHurt and brkaus
Thanks for all above comments and bumping to request a similar solution (hopefully all wireless and without using/wiring up 12v cigarette socket?!)

2023 LR Y here - and have issues parking in super tight garage and wife using it.

Not sure where to place the camera (solar one on Amazon). Any pics for front install or suggestions on where it can be best places to not look odd/bad.

I currently don’t have front bumper camera/licence plate on my 3 and is parked in easy place so lacking a sense of where it can go - and how it’ll look.

Thanks!