Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing OEM Wiper Blade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought replacement wiper blades from Evannex. They are the Kimblades. Evannex sent me the correct driver's side blade, but the passenger side blade was about 2 inches shorter than the OEM blade. So, I pulled the new blade back off the wiper arm, and tried to reinstall the OEM blade. I don't know if they are made purposely this way, but the OEM blade won't go back onto the arm. The little square button that you push doesn't go all the way down, so the leading edge sticks up and keeps the blade from being reinstalled. Has anyone else seen this problem? I tried to find a video for it, but all the videos I have found are for installing aftermarket blades.

So I ended up reinstalling the Evannex Kimblade. It will be less effective, but until they send me a replacement, I don't really have an option, unless someone in this form knows how to install the OEM blade.

I just heard from Evannex...they are saying that the blade they sent me is the correct Manufacturer recommended blade for my car. Can that be? Does the manufacturer actually recommend using a shorter blade than the one they install at the factory?

20211218_152756.jpg

I just heard from Evannex...they are saying that the blade they sent me is the correct Manufacturer recommended blade for my car. Can that be? Does the manufacturer actually recommend using a shorter blade than the one they install at the factory?
If you measure the blade, is it the size the box actually says it is? When I replaced my blades with PIAA SiTech blades, they were the same size as the OEM blades

Just an FYI. The factory blade is a "beam" style blade which offer great performance in below freezing temps. The replacement wiper you have is of the conventional design and work rather poorly when things get below freezing. Highly suggest you go with a beam style unless you live in a place where below freezing temps are rare.

Just an FYI. The factory blade is a "beam" style blade which offer great performance in below freezing temps. The replacement wiper you have is of the conventional design and work rather poorly when things get below freezing. Highly suggest you go with a beam style unless you live in a place where below freezing temps are rare.
Thanks. Below freezing temps are rare where I live, but they occasionally get there. It seems, though, that maybe I should just try to figure out how to re-install the OEM blades...Maybe take it in for service...

I just received and installed the Evannex blades on my 2020 MY. The driver's blade leaves water in the center and the blades won't park because the passenger arm hits the hood. Back they go and I am still looking for replacement blades.

• Helpful
Reactions: DanDi58
I just received and installed the Evannex blades on my 2020 MY. The driver's blade leaves water in the center and the blades won't park because the passenger arm hits the hood. Back they go and I am still looking for replacement blades.
Frustrating. I'm still waiting on the Tesla shop online to put out their OEM blades. Coming up on two years now...