Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing two wall connectors in one garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cascadian

Supporting Member
Nov 27, 2014
United States
Hi, all! The electrician is coming tomorrow, Tuesday, and I'm wondering if there is anything we need to advise him on regarding installing two Tesla wall connectors for our his'n'hers Model 3s. Btw, WOOHOO! The referral award one arrived just in the nick of time. It looks GREAT, with Elon's signature etched into the matte black! :)

The electrician has done other Tesla chargers, including for our Model S in a different garage, but hasn't yet had to deal with two wall connectors in the same garage.

Is there anything we should be aware of to help make this installation as smooth as possible?

Thanks much! :)

Make it look like this:

IMG_0253.jpg

Reactions: Cascadian
View attachment 354124

Yes, the communication wire is shielded twisted pair, as spec’d by the manual. It’s a straightforward installation. For longevity and robustness, I split the feed using multitap connectors instead of splicing.

Thanks everyone, for your input. I so appreciate it! :) Rockster, I think this info might have made a big difference, as I don't think the electrician would have done so without my sharing this comment with him. That's why I am grateful for a forum like this, to get good info about matters related to our beloved babies! :) Thanks again.

Here are a couple of pics... so nice to not have to unplug one car to move the other one out of the garage, as has sometimes been the case with using the mobile connector while waiting for the electrician (and the referral award!) to arrive. :)

Attachments

• Model_3_Parking_Only.jpg
    Model_3_Parking_Only.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Tesla_Wall_Connectors.jpg
    Tesla_Wall_Connectors.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Love
Reactions: Acps110