Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing wall charger with take-up reel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife likes to park in middle bay so I want to install wall charger on ceiling with a take-up reel to make charging and cable management easy.
Is this even possible?
Something like it is certainly possible, if you are handy. You'd probably not want a reel, or at least you'd want it to be a very wide reel because you'll have a disastrous time trying to make a rotating wiper-type connection for a high current load PLUS 4-5 signal wires!

I mean a wide reel so you could fold over the cable at an appropriate point and lash it to the reel. You'd want the reel wide enough to not form a sharp bend in the wire.

Last edited:
My wife likes to park in middle bay so I want to install wall charger on ceiling with a take-up reel to make charging and cable management easy.
Is this even possible?
I assume "middle bay" means U have a 3-car garage? New Gen3 comes with a 24ft hole so if it's installed on either side of your garage U should be able to reach the "middle bay"? unless U want to install it on ceiling for a personal preference