Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instant Torque - Near Miss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would the outcome have been any different if you had both made a full stop?

Normally, I come to 100% complete stop, but in this instance, I figured he'd get even more impatient, so I let it roll through about ~1 MPH.

Due to stop sign running at high speeds, I've been conditioned to keep an eye on drivers behind me in this neighborhood. I was confident he might want to run that sign at a higher speed (say 15 or 20MPH instead of 1 MPH), making him even more impatient and wanting to "get on with it" after my holding him up.

But.... there was no way for him to know where my driveway was. At that point it makes sense to watch him in the rearview to see if what my brain is predicting in real time happens - it did, he did precisely what I feared and that was the reason I was watching him in my rear view. Glad I was. :)

I should have looked in the rearview the entire time, but you know, my car generally goes in a forward direction. ;) then again, maybe the other drivers should spend some time paying attention so I don't have drive for them and me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Slate and Pkmmte