Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instead of a recap, I'm going to "live blog" my CPO experience here and will update as things happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order for a 90D Tesla last Wednesday, May 1st. I had Jana assigned as my Delivery Advisor on Thursday evening. Have not heard anything from her, yet, but I only have her email address. Could someone who worked with her, and that has her phone number, PM me her full contact information including her phone number? I'd really appreciate it. My sales advisor has been pretty good so far. I'm really excited to get the car and have planned for a lot of patience, but planning and doing are two very different things. Looking forward to joining the Tesla family.
I ordered a CPO on the second. Still haven't heard from my delivery advisor :(

Ole Capt. I know it's been a while and you may or may not be reading this thread. In any case, for you and all of the people who may be reading this. I have had a similar situation buying a Tesla CPO. I drove a Tesla 2013 Model S 60 and my wife and I loved it. We decided to get a 2016 though because the 2013 (though we loved it) has almost nothing left on the warranty. Anyways, we found one we loved on their very crappy website which asked for our zip code, but showed us one in Hawaii (or at least that's what they told us). We were told we would get a refund for this particular order and told it was a website glitch. (On a side note if they ship nationwide, how come results vary depending on the zip code you put in? - Try it) We were also told to send them the VIN and they would check to ensure the vehicle was on the continent. We did and found another one that works. That was on October 28, 2019. We got everything uploaded except the insurance and the status stayed at "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.". It still says that today. After a few back and forth and calls (none answered) emails (none answered) i finally chatted with someone who in turn got a hold of ........you guessed it - Jana Park. Her email started with this template (see attached)

I guess they have had several complaints, because I read the comments in this thread. So.... if we take this literally Ole Capt., you received your car a couple of days earlier than the 20 business days except they never told you this. Now I am prepared to wait 15 - 20 days. Hopefully this will save other people the stress and hopefully they deliver. You'd think they were shipping these cars for free, but no it's $2000.00 they charge. The least they could do it update you once in a while. I will keep you updated as to when I finally get the car. I did not count today, so starting tomorrow 15 business days would be Nov 21, 2019 and 20 days would be Nov 29, 2019 because Thanksgiving is the 28th.

Something fun I played around with is that if you are interested in a CPO Tesla and have the VIN Number, you can put the VIN in this URL and it will show you actual pictures of the car, not the website stock photos of the car. Just replace the section that says "Replace this with VIN" leave everything else as is even the training "/" sign. The vehicle MUST be on the CPO website though. Hope this helps.

http://backwebs.homenetinc.com/tesla/details/@/Replace this with VIN/

Attachments

• Dana Welcome Email.JPG
    Dana Welcome Email.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 54
Ole Capt. I know it's been a while and you may or may not be reading this thread. In any case, for you and all of the people who may be reading this. I have had a similar situation buying a Tesla CPO. I drove a Tesla 2013 Model S 60 and my wife and I loved it. We decided to get a 2016 though because the 2013 (though we loved it) has almost nothing left on the warranty. Anyways, we found one we loved on their very crappy website which asked for our zip code, but showed us one in Hawaii (or at least that's what they told us). We were told we would get a refund for this particular order and told it was a website glitch. (On a side note if they ship nationwide, how come results vary depending on the zip code you put in? - Try it) We were also told to send them the VIN and they would check to ensure the vehicle was on the continent. We did and found another one that works. That was on October 28, 2019. We got everything uploaded except the insurance and the status stayed at "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.". It still says that today. After a few back and forth and calls (none answered) emails (none answered) i finally chatted with someone who in turn got a hold of ........you guessed it - Jana Park. Her email started with this template (see attached)

I guess they have had several complaints, because I read the comments in this thread. So.... if we take this literally Ole Capt., you received your car a couple of days earlier than the 20 business days except they never told you this. Now I am prepared to wait 15 - 20 days. Hopefully this will save other people the stress and hopefully they deliver. You'd think they were shipping these cars for free, but no it's $2000.00 they charge. The least they could do it update you once in a while. I will keep you updated as to when I finally get the car. I did not count today, so starting tomorrow 15 business days would be Nov 21, 2019 and 20 days would be Nov 29, 2019 because Thanksgiving is the 28th.

Something fun I played around with is that if you are interested in a CPO Tesla and have the VIN Number, you can put the VIN in this URL and it will show you actual pictures of the car, not the website stock photos of the car. Just replace the section that says "Replace this with VIN" leave everything else as is even the training "/" sign. The vehicle MUST be on the CPO website though. Hope this helps.

http://backwebs.homenetinc.com/tesla/details/@/Replace this with VIN/
I feel your pain. 28 days after Jana emailed me I was not able to obtain a contact or delivery date not could they tell me the location of the car. In frustration I finally demanded the order be cancelled and my deposit refunded. 4 days later I took delivery of my 2016 75D unicorn that I purchased outside of Tesla.

I feel your pain. 28 days after Jana emailed me I was not able to obtain a contact or delivery date not could they tell me the location of the car. In frustration I finally demanded the order be cancelled and my deposit refunded. 4 days later I took delivery of my 2016 75D unicorn that I purchased outside of Tesla.

As luck would have it, I just heard from Jana. She said that the car was in transit to our destination center. She said it should arrive by November 2 or 3rd. I'm hoping it does keep to this schedule - fingers crossed.

Reactions: Alset4S
I must say. I am really surprised with the response from Tesla and Jana Park. She just contacted me today to indicate that my car had arrived. I am set to pick it up this Saturday November 9. I was told I could pick it up within 48 hours, but I'll wait till the weekend.

Reactions: jvmoore1
I must say. I am really surprised with the response from Tesla and Jana Park. She just contacted me today to indicate that my car had arrived. I am set to pick it up this Saturday November 9. I was told I could pick it up within 48 hours, but I'll wait till the weekend.
Good luck with your delivery. Hope you get a good one. I couldn't be happier with mine.