Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instead of Twenty Questions, how about twenty hints?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[I will keep updating and rewriting the list, to boil it down to 20.]

Q: So what’s this new car of yours?
A: Guess. I’ll give you some hints.

1. If you like a car that goes from a purr to a throaty roar, it will disappoint. But the acceleration is so strong and smooth and silent that my passengers think it has "warp drive." Yet it doesn’t even have a muffler.
  2. No automatic transmission. No clutch. Indeed, no gear-shifting at all, even for reverse. You also don't need to use the brakes very much.
  3. Every morning, you discover that it’s good for 250-300 miles from overnight refueling. And the maximum fill up costs you only $5-10, not $60--and refills are free along many Interstates.
  4. It seats five to seven. And has luggage space to rival a Town Car.
  5. But it is not a van or a crossover. Indeed it has better aerodynamics than any other car in production.
  6. It has a lightweight aluminum body. But it weighs more than many light trucks.
  7. Someone drove one through a concrete wall at high speed and walked away uninjured.
  8. It never leaves oil drips on the garage floor. Or needs an oil change. You can safely leave it running in the garage with the door shut while taking a nap.
  9. Before leaving for the parking lot, you can turn on the heating or A/C from your smartphone app. It will even show you the walking route to an unfamiliar parking spot.
  10. [Propose more. Revise ours.]
The idea is not to give away the game; no mentions of missing gas tank or tailpipes or emissions.

Last edited:
No, I can't show you the engine or radiator fill cap. But I'll be happy to open the front and back hatches if you want to help me look.

It is built in California and includes parts from Panasonic and Mercedes Benz.

It is mostly aluminum.

... Name some celebrities that have one?

Q: So what’s this new car of yours?
[*]It never leaves drips on the garage floor.
You should see the muddy slush on my garage floor today, dripping out of many points on the car's wheel wells and drains.

Anyway, hmm...
"You can safely leave it turned on in the garage with the door shut. As long as you like." <--(This is particularly good at perplexing people.)
"The heat comes on as fast as the A/C -- within one second."
"It has a lightweight aluminum body. But it weighs more than many trucks."
"Someone drove one through a concrete wall at high speed and walked away uninjured."
"It has extremely powerful brakes. But I probably won't use them much."

You can safely leave it parked in the 100º sun with your malamutes in it, as in our window statements (apologies for the incorrect url!):
DSC_7235.JPG

Or Aurora or Borealis. They're horrible writers.

Hmm, nope. Not buying that excuse. If your pups were to have done it , they'd have written "We are very comfortable." Also, with the advent of desktop publishing software, it's very easy for even those without hands to publish beautiful prose.

After all, on the internet, no one knows.... (see sig!)

No need to tint the car windows-you want other drivers to see you!
Women-there is enough space in the central console to keep a good sized purse.
You can find where you parked your car easily using the app.
You can "fill" the juice, even from an ordinary electric wall outlet, don't have to go looking for a gas station. There are many free charging places around!
With a 17" monitor, you are just one click away from many controls.

An excellent car choice if one is possibly a Buddhist monk and prefers meditating while someone else drives. There is practically no noise when compared to an ICE. This helps the meditation process. It adds adds less stress because one can think clearly now.