Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Institutional investor interest?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
As in the thread title: has anyone the data on how much of TSLA float is held by institutional investors? I get some non-sensical information from Yahoo Finance, who gives Thompson Reuters as their reference:

Insiders: 38.45%
Institutional: 69.60%

Thus, with that we're already at 108.05%, and haven't brought in the individual investor fraction..

So my question stands: any good numbers on II holdings? Trend?

As in the thread title: has anyone the data on how much of TSLA float is held by institutional investors? I get some non-sensical information from Yahoo Finance, who gives Thompson Reuters as their reference:

Thus, with that we're already at 108.05%, and haven't brought in the individual investor fraction..

I have no figures for you, but just want to point out that in TSLA the shares available for long positions are >140% of the float. This is due to extensive shorting of the shares. So your figure, even though it seems high, is not necessarily wrong.

For the data, here - reported every quarter, with about 1.5 months delay (we should have data for end of March as of May 15, until then it will vary as holders report at random times)
Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) Institutional Ownership & Holdings - NASDAQ.com

For a roundup of inst. holdings, insider holdings, short interest etc.
Short squeeze update