Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

instrument cluster, blue flashing light while parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so I am sitting in a parking lot in my new MX 2023 LR. In park, reading phone, etc and I notice that the bottom half of the instrument cluster below car image is slowly flashing blue. Temp outside is 56 Deg F. What is this flashing light? Is it some sort of outside temp indicator, kind of like what I get on my phone weather app?

thanks

d

Is it a line across the bottom of the cluster, or a large portion of the screen? A picture might help, because if it's not an expected thing, your description may be lacking the necessary information for anyone to say something like "oh, that's the steering nag, shouldn't be happening while you're parked, try tugging on the wheel or rebooting" or "that looks like a problem with your IC backlight, take a video and send it to the service center."

Is it a line across the bottom of the cluster, or a large portion of the screen? A picture might help, because if it's not an expected thing, your description may be lacking the necessary information for anyone to say something like "oh, that's the steering nag, shouldn't be happening while you're parked, try tugging on the wheel or rebooting" or "that looks like a problem with your IC backlight, take a video and send it to the service center."
It's not the steering nag. I'll see if I can post a pic. As you look at the instrument cluster, and you are looking at the car image (actually it is only the back half of the car that shows) the flashing is the width of the car and just below it. As I type this I wonder if it is an alert as I have the "auto shift" on, and on the left is the message "press brake pedal for Reverse."

Knowing it's the same width as the vehicle (didn't get that from "below car image"), it seems much less likely to be a hardware failure of any sort. Depending on whether it has defined lines and potentially reasonably indicates your guess, it could still be a glitch even if something is supposed to show, it could just be showing wrong. That would be a software issue that I probably wouldn't worry about, though (bound to change in a future update and unlikely to be hurting anything on a screen). That having been said, given your new hypothesis, it seems like an easy test might be to turn off auto-shift. If it goes away and comes back when you turn it on, you know what it is whether it's supposed to look like that or not. Then if you care, the manual might show what it's supposed to look like.