Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instrument Cluster Glitching

artx55

Nov 12, 2019
Toronto
When I was out driving to pick up some food yesterday, I noticed my instrument cluster was glitching. Almost like it was constantly 'rebooting' but only the instrument cluster (main screen was fine). And it tended to happen more often when at a stop (still in drive but not moving). During this time the scroll wheels were less than responsive, often delayed.

The car still drove with no issues but once I got home, I decided to reboot the car. So far nothing but it was kind of spooky. Has anyone come across this before and is it a sign of some other issue?

2020 Model S Performance

Tezzie

Aug 16, 2018
Southern California
Yes, something like this has also happened t me. My entire screen went completely black as I was driving--very unnerving. I was able to pull over and do a re-boot. It took a while, but that worked and the screen came back.

After the last update, I was driving and suddenly an error message came up on the dash, something like: "Air suspension cannot be raised." I pulled over and rebooted, but that didn't work. When I reached my destination, I turned off the car, went into the store, and 30 minutes later, when I started it up again, the error message had disappeared.

Should I have mobile service check it out?

• Informative
Reactions: artx55

r1200gs4ok

Jul 17, 2019
Irvine
my screen rebooted today after a drive....went into store for 5 min and came back out to leave and screen was rebooting.....has done it once before and never saw it again until today....aslo, I was getting the suspension error and after a reboot and one drive have never had it again.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC